I have had my BB Curve 8330 for about a month now and am hooked big time. It is my first BB and it amazes me with its capabilities.

I am having a problem with my stereo headphones though. I had a Motorola S9 paired up and they worked great for a couple a weeks then the stereo function stopped working. I could still answer calls, control volume, start/stop mp3's - everything worked except stereo audio. I had read a couple of posts here of users having similar problems and it sounded to me like the problem was with the headset. I took the S9's back and got the jawbra 8010 headset. Guess what? No stereo audio.

Have I unknowingly disabled or deleted the A2DP function on my Curve? I have been through all kinds of menus looking for a toggle for the A2DP to no avail. I need some expert input to get my stereo audio working again.

Many Thanks in Advance

P.S. I should add that when I would activate either headset, my berry displays " Waiting for Jabra 8010 ( or S9 )" . It stays on the screen 'til I push the back button - several minutes.
    Last edited by csfloorguy; 06-09-08 at 06:36 PM. Reason: More Info
    06-09-08 06:09 PM
    It sounds as if the BB and the headphones are not paired properly.

When I'm in Media Player (8830, here) and turn on the S9's, I see a series of messages, like paired, stereo and something else. I don't have to intervene like you have mentioned.

I think when playing an mp3, if I press Menu (BB button), I can turn on phone, speaker, etc. So I could disable the bt headphone from the menu or re-enable them.

Can you find someone else who will let you try pairing your headphones with their phone?
    06-09-08 09:59 PM
    Thanks F2 for the info. After posting I looked at more threads and read about people pulling the battery to reset. I pulled mine, waited, and re-installed. It did the trick. I have full stereo again with the jabra headset. I guess the S9's were fine.

With my problem solved, I must say the jabra headset sounds far superior to the S9's. There isn't any minute skipping or dead moments while listening. The S9's are alot simpler and to wear.
    06-10-08 07:37 AM
    Thanks F2 for the info. After posting I looked at more threads and read about people pulling the battery to reset. I pulled mine, waited, and re-installed. It did the trick. I have full stereo again with the jabra headset. I guess the S9's were fine.

With my problem solved, I must say the jabra headset sounds far superior to the S9's. There isn't any minute skipping or dead moments while listening. The S9's are alot simpler and to wear.
    I guess I'm not as quick as others to suggest BBATTERY PULL (I accidently added the extra B but maybe it is appropriate - I could copyright it!) as my 8830 is encased in an otterbox so more difficult to pull. Glad you are back up and running.

I do like the simplicity of the S9's but I do notice the breakup. I usually use them at the gym and they work pretty well there. But I decided to use them on my 4 mile walk and had the berry in a fleece sidepocket and the breakup was bad. I then moved it to the top pocket of my daypack and it was fine. I have a feeling their antenna is weak or poorly aligned and blocked by body angles or parts!
    06-10-08 08:25 AM
    Hi,
    I am trying to enable A2DP while pairing my BB8310 with Jabra BT3030. The quality of the music playback on the Jabra is pretty poor. In looking into the list of enabled Bluettoth services fot eh Jabra BT3030 I do not see A2DP as enabled. Do you see A2DP as enabled service for your device or do you just see enabled stereo? Thanks.
    06-10-08 01:33 PM
    ... When I'm in Media Player (8830, here) and turn on the S9's, I see a series of messages, like paired, stereo and something else...

... when playing an mp3, if I press Menu (BB button), I can turn on phone, speaker, etc...
    This is the fix! I've had this problem and I was about to take the headset back but it was this setting in the Blackberry 8830.

If you go into Media Player, click the Blackberry button and choose Activate Motorola S9, it starts working again and you get the series of pairing acknowledgements as F2 described.

Thanks! Crackberry saves the day again!

Andrew
    06-25-08 01:29 AM
    Hi,
    I am trying to enable A2DP while pairing my BB8310 with Jabra BT3030. The quality of the music playback on the Jabra is pretty poor. In looking into the list of enabled Bluettoth services fot eh Jabra BT3030 I do not see A2DP as enabled. Do you see A2DP as enabled service for your device or do you just see enabled stereo? Thanks.
    My pearl says "Stereo Audio" not A2DP when my S9 is turned on and connects.
    in the device properties for the S9 it says "Headset".
    06-25-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD