I have a Virgin Media UK Netgear Superhub and it happily sits there going about it's business. If I have the wifi enabled and connected up from my 9900, the router reboots itself - there is no pattern to this, just at least once every 7-10hrs. It reboots twice once immediately after the other.

I had the router replaced and confirmed my electrics are OK. New router, same issue.

I turned wifi off my 9900 and the router was fine for 10 days. Turned wifi back on my 9900 and within 10hrs it had rebooted, and now continues to do so.

There seems to be some kind of issue here between the two devices.

Most folk probably won't even notice their router rebooting, it bothers me because I rely on a solid VPN connection to work from home and when it reboots, I get an annoying message on my smart TV saying that the network has been disconnected.

Has anyone else seen this? - Also, could other users with a similar setup check their superhub? All you need to do is log into it and click on advanced settings and note the system uptime in days, hours and minutes. Login details are written on the superhub.
    01-22-12 09:42 AM
    I've also experienced issues with my virgin media internet connection; I haven't been able to pin point where the problem is coming from, but my bold 9900 is frequently getting the error "unable to find the requested server" when attempting to browse the internet, usually disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi fixes the issue, but it's very frustrating having to do this constantly.

It also cuts out randomly and then attempts to reconnect itself, on the rare occasion the 'net will work fine, it also has a couple times somehow caused the superhub router to reset itself, changing the password to the default one.

I only get browsing issues when it's connected through wifi, 3G works fine.
    01-22-12 10:03 AM
    The Virgin Media "super hub" is pure garbage mate.

If you search on Google regarding the hub, you'll see many complaints. I have a Bold 9900 too, but was experiencing issues with all devices, the hub would constantly reboot. Also, the Virgin hub has rubbish wireless signal, really really weak.

My current setup now, which is working flawlessly is done by enabling modem mode on the super crappy netgear, and hooking up my own wireless router (you have to put the ethernet from your own router into the 4th port for it to work too)

Good luck mate.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-22-12 10:06 AM
    Guys same issue here with virgin crap Thanks Imran for giving a solution for it but can you explain a bit more that how to connect another router and enabling modem mode please? As am sick of this Wifi issue
    01-22-12 10:39 AM
    I know a lot of folk have trouble with the superhub, but tbh for me other than since I got my 9900 it has been a perfect device. I used to have a modem, router and gigabit switch, now I just have one device.

I could get a new router with gigabit ports on but I'm reluctant to shell out just because my 9900 doesn't work when a host of other devices are perfect on 2.4ghz or 5ghz. Given the regular battery pulls, sms scrolling issues and appworld only working over 3G I'll probably bin the 9900 before the superhub.

As I said before if anyone else can confirm if their superhub is rebooting regularly with a 9900 on it, it would be much appreciated as I know Netgear/BB will just blame each other and I'll never find the answer.
    01-22-12 11:02 AM
    forgot to say, my superhub just restarts, it is not fully reset - the config is preserved.

My only gripes with the superhub are that it only has 4 ethernet ports and no vpn server

Also yes, the 9900 regularly claims it can't find internet pages when using wifi...probably related.
    01-22-12 11:06 AM
    Yes I can confirm that mine restarts as well.
    01-22-12 12:24 PM
    Mine restarts also always has from way before I got a 9900, as someone above mentioned Google it, it's not the 9900 the 'super'hub has issues, sometimes I'll be lucky and it'll not do it for a while, other times it does it regularly over and over. I also have the requested server problem and as someone also mentioned turning off the wifi on the 9900 and back on again fixes this 9 times out of 10 however I also used to have this problem with my 9800. The Virgin forums are full of complaints about the hubs restarting, I'm pretty sure the cause isn't everyone having 9900's.
    01-22-12 01:56 PM
    Thanks for that....to enable modem mode:

Click "advanced settings"

Click "Modem Mode" (bottom left)

Tick the "Enable Modem Mode" box and click "Apply"

Your superhub will now just be a cable modem like the old ones used to be, and you will need to plug your own wireless router into the ethernet port closest to the incomming cable/power connections (port 4)
    01-23-12 04:45 AM
    Thanks for that....to enable modem mode:

Click "advanced settings"

Click "Modem Mode" (bottom left)

Tick the "Enable Modem Mode" box and click "Apply"

Your superhub will now just be a cable modem like the old ones used to be, and you will need to plug your own wireless router into the ethernet port closest to the incomming cable/power connections (port 4)
    You the star! I will try it on my next day off. Thanks a lot
    01-23-12 08:16 AM
    I think it may be something to do with the 9900 as I have just installed a wireless repeater and I can connect with multiple laptops, iPhones etc but as soon as I connect with my 9900 I get a 'Failed to obtain IP address' message and the repeater crashes, have to turn it off and back on again. BB Curve's can connect as well, it's only the 9900 that has a problem.
    01-23-12 10:19 AM
    The "super" hub is definitely not super i downgraded to 20meg just so i can get the old modem but they were charging me for 30meg, so after a few phone calls they said they can't charge me less only upgrade me back to 30meg without extra charge, so i upgraded back to the 'super' hub and it has improved from before but still does the odd reboot here and there. I also have it set to modem mode with my old Netgear wireless router, good wireless signal now.
    01-23-12 06:48 PM
    Might be worth a try, do you know what the ethernet port speed is on the old modems? Once my area goes 120mb in July, if it is only a 100mb port it will only run at about 80mb
    01-24-12 03:54 AM
    I switched to a Belkin router and sure enough that randomly reboots too. Is there a massive problem here with the 9900 that most people don't recognise as it is often difficult to tell your router has reset and it only takes a few seconds?
    04-03-12 04:35 AM
    I use 6 WAPS located in my home. They are all Netgear DAP-2533's. My 9900 works perfectly on them and they do not reboot at all, unless I request them too. I use a Sonicpoint at my office; same deal. There's no issue with the 9900 WiFi...but it sounds like there is with the router mentioned above.

There is however an inherent issue with the 9900 if you use a 60+ character passphrase on WiFi (WPA2), whereby the device will not run BIS/BES etc...through WiFi and will switch over to Mobile Network very shortly after connecting through WiFi. Shorter passphrases seem to address that issue.
    Last edited by FBA; 04-03-12 at 04:49 AM.
    04-03-12 04:45 AM
    Do your 6 devices have an uptime counter or boot log? I only noticed my belkin reboot because my TV is plugged into it and I get an annoying message on-screen.

If nobody else is having this problem with the 9900 and superhub, maybe my 9900 is faulty. VF will on doubt offer to repair it and just re-flash the latest sw after keeping it 9 months. I think this is my 1st and last experience with a BB.
    04-03-12 04:37 PM
    Route the virgins this way please
    04-03-12 05:50 PM
    a little off topic...guess 'virgin' is overrated :\
    pun intended.
    04-04-12 09:42 AM