Or get a Pearl 3G. Never bricked on me.
    01-22-12 11:37 PM
    Sounds like RIM did you a favor. Anyone who has such a kneejerk reaction to a dropped call that he refuses to give you the benefit of the doubt, won't take your call back, and cuts business ties with you because of it is probably not someone worth doing any business with. This is a blessing in disguise, op.
    01-22-12 11:50 PM
    Post made up? There are many threads on 9900/9930's bricking on.the daily, sometimes multiple threads....only blind RIM faithfuls post jibberish like that.

Get a clue, not everything is peaches and cream in RIM land.

This coming from some who wants RIM to succeed and prosper. Just confined to reality.

Sent from I am on Fire!

I'm not talking about the issue of the 9900 bricking...RIM has stated it's an issue with some 9900 phones...

Do the math... after a dropped call...not able to reconnect????? What about the issue of dropped calles with iPhones. How many business calls were dropped? And why in a BB fan forum would you state the Bold you're using is a backup phone for the 'few' contacts left on BBM.

And in other threads it is sometimes mentioned people get a second or third replacement device with the same recurring problem - and look it 'shows-up' in this new thread
    01-23-12 04:49 AM
    What ever happened to the poster tiredoldman
    01-23-12 04:56 AM
    Keep waiting! The Chronoberry team are working secretly on rooting 7'OS!

They developed something called 'Naval Commander', I guess its just like Cydia.
    I'll post the pics later,,

They tweeted a pic of an app called 'Biri' , Siri's sister!

Caaaaaaaaaaaan't wait!!
    01-23-12 05:21 AM
    Yeah thanks for the advice but that lost sale prospect means the world to me.

Get a good quality digital desk phone then. And hook it to a business class hard line from your telco provider. Then use that for those "life or death calls". Cell phones drop calls and have technical issues. Aside from that a good hard line with a nice deskphone just sounds 10 times better than cell phones in terms of quality.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 05:38 AM
    Post made up? There are many threads on 9900/9930's bricking on.the daily, sometimes multiple threads....only blind RIM faithfuls post jibberish like that.

Get a clue, not everything is peaches and cream in RIM land.

This coming from some who wants RIM to succeed and prosper. Just confined to reality.

Sent from I am on Fire!

Ok so his phone bricked. I do not think the people are responding to that so much as pinning some certain lost business on RIM. I have dealt with these kinds of "prospects" before. They are rarely a loss. Hot headed customers that will take from you in lost life span due to stress, more than you ever gain in money. Lol.

And it just seems rash to drop BBM when there are plenty of BlackBerrys other than the 9900 that can handle BBM. The 99xx's are not the only BlackBerrys out there. Instead of suffering "bricking anxiety" or whatever, just change to another device already.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 05:54 AM
    Go back to an older, stable BlackBerry. Wait until the 99xx bugs, glitches and reboots are worked out. This is why I'll never be an early adopter of technology again.

BBM is no reason to stay BlackBerry either. Google Voice for free SMS, Live Profile for free messaging on all platforms.

Same thing happened with my 9630 and Thunderbolt. Issue that were eventually fixed but I had to go through. Annoying.

I'm appy with my 9650 right now. Stable, good battery life, all the great features of BlackBerry minus the touchscreen.
    01-23-12 06:18 AM
    Yeah thanks for the advice but that lost sale prospect means the world to me.

I realize I stand little chance but there has got to be something I can do. I am just unbelievably angry right now. So many "what ifs" now- what if I had just stuck with one reliable device? what if I had just listened to everyone else poking fun at me sticking with a Blackberry?
    That sucks about losing a client.

The only real thing you can do is voice your opinion with your wallet by not buying another BB and maybe, like you mentioned, sending a letter to RIM.

Outside of that - not sure there is much else that can be done.
    01-23-12 06:27 AM
    I have been a Blackberry faithful since the first Blackberry Curve. I have owned the original Curve, Curve 3G, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, and recently the Bold 9900.

I came to these boards recently to get help for my 9900 which started acting up (i.e. lags, freezes, and worst was reboots while in a phone call). Got a few suggestions but ultimately, the 9900 has bricked.

I have been patient, believe me, in dealing with this entire ordeal. The 9900 acts as my secondary phone for my contacts that have BBM. My Galaxy Nexus acts as my primary phone as - let's be honest here- it can do more.

However I have some business contacts with BBM that call me via the 9900, it makes more sense for me to provide the Bold's phone number as a primary contact to those business contacts, right?

I have lost two potential clients because of the phone-rebooting-while-on-a-call issue. The first one called me to discuss a potential big project, and the moment he asked about pricing, the 9900 rebooted. I tried to contact him back but he wouldn't take the call anymore. That evening I received an e-mail from him saying he thought it was rude for me to hang up when asked about pricing. I responded and explained the situation- but damage is done.

After several wipes and re-installs, and a brand new battery, the phone seemed to be okay but after taking a nap, I woke up to see it bricked.

And to think THIS was a replacement 9900.

Am I in any real position here to sue RIM? I am just SO angry right now and forgive me for venting here but I am just SO angry! I am seriously thinking of filing a case against RIM for lack of quality control and lack of sensible technical support.

Need your thoughts.
    the 9900 bricking issue is quite persistent. this happened to me as well. the reason is simple they have not been adequately tested prior to market launch. these have been rushed to the market so they can meet a 2011 deadline.

blame it on the ex dual-core ceo's (good god they are gone).

if you get a replacement its most likely to be a refurbished unit (and likely have the same issue again). if you can get an iphone4s or an icecram sandwich device.
    01-23-12 06:39 AM
    Some great responses and suggestions, have a 9900 myself since October, with the exception of the occasional reboot, I have had no significant issues. However, I do not like the feeling of wondering every day if today is the day it bricks or cuts me off during an important conversation. If we had all bought the same car that had similarly well advertised issues, it would have been recalled and corrected long before now. Granted, it is not exactly a health concern with a phone but the same concern for their clients would go a long way for people to reaffirm their dedication to their phones. More and more I hear of people on forums carrying back up phones just in case. This is ridiculous and I refuse to get to this point.

I think I would be furious at this point if it were me to have a large financial loss because known issues with my phone were being ignored or neglected. I agree that you have no chance at a lawsuit but the more people that threaten, the more seriously they will take this issue. Go do your best my friend.
    01-23-12 06:49 AM
    I had another post in the 99xx forum where I tried to tell why I am leaving RIM and BlackBerry ...... and I really opened a can of worms!
    For you and the OP, there is an existing thread for your leaving BlackBerry posts:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 01-23-12 at 11:04 AM.
    01-23-12 09:29 AM
    the 9900 bricking issue is quite persistent. this happened to me as well. the reason is simple they have not been adequately tested prior to market launch. these have been rushed to the market so they can meet a 2011 deadline.

if you get a replacement its most likely to be a refurbished unit (and likely have the same issue again). if you can get an iphone4s or an icecram sandwich device.
    Because the 4s and ICS phones arent having any issues at all.
    01-23-12 09:31 AM
    Even the designation "ice cream sandwich" is ridiculous.
    13echo4 likes this.
    01-23-12 09:33 AM
    Or since you have 2 phones, you could distribute "Contact Info" with "Both Numbers".

As for a person who thinks you have Koodies and will not talk to you because your "Mobile Failed", Fuggem.
    01-23-12 02:32 PM
    Wow....interesting folks these days.....need to invest in more popcorn, I guess.
    01-24-12 04:08 AM

Yup, the bricking issue exists. So do other issues on other phones.

And incorrect on the refurbished having the same issues. I did not want a refurbished after my 9930 nuked, but I got one. And it's been running beautifully now since I got it in November.
    01-24-12 04:11 AM
    Because the 4s and ICS phones arent having any issues at all.
    I'd hardly call "low speaker volume" in the Galaxy Nexus (which is the ONLY new phone running ICS) and some Siri issues as being the same as waking up to a brick.
    01-24-12 07:46 AM
    Bricking is the worst possible thing that can happed to a phone. Besides getting all your info stolen maybe.
    01-24-12 11:44 AM
    op i am sorry for your experience.good luck in the future.yes there are multiple posts r/t to bricking.and certainly RIMS quality could be better but any mass produced electronics have bad ones.i have had my 9930 sine early sept and works great with not a single issue and i am not alone .i love my 9930.
    01-24-12 03:00 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD