i have a 9810 with 7.1.0.342 and i thought it was to have wifi calling? where do you find it.

how do you get it to work?
    04-18-12 01:09 PM
    T-Mobile and Rogers have the contracts for the service

YES the 9810 has 'UMA' but your carrier doesnt.
    04-18-12 02:32 PM
    i'm not running a os from my carrier. Not sure which one its from? if i download one from a carrier that has it and delete the vendor files it should work on mine right?
    04-18-12 02:35 PM
    i'm not running a os from my carrier. Not sure which one its from? if i download one from a carrier that has it and delete the vendor files it should work on mine right?
    Your carrier at&t/cingular do not support wifi calling. It doesn't matter if your OS is official or leaked version.
    04-18-12 02:52 PM
    Does your carrier support this feature? You have to pay extra for it from what I understand, you need to subscribe to this feature to use it.

BlackBerry 7.1 OS and New App Updates Now Available! Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Wi-Fi Calling (where available): With BlackBerry 7.1 OS, youll be able to make Wi-Fi calls using your carriers Wi-Fi calling service (aka UMA-lite or GAN-lite). Wi-Fi calling allows you to save your talk time minutes and make phone calls over any Wi-Fi network. Not all carriers offer such a service so check with your carrier for availability.
    04-18-12 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD