Hi,

I have a peculiar problem with my blackberry torch.

When I plug this unit into any charger (wall or USB), the charging icon shows up (battery with the lightning bolt) shows up and the clock (screen saver) also gets activated as normal, but after 10-15 seconds the chrging indicator goes and it shows as if the unit is not charging.

But I know that the handset is getting charged as I can use it easily for a day long as per the normal battery life.

So effectively the unit always shows an empty battery icon (Red outlined hollow battery icon always) and the LED always blinks amber. But the phone works normal except this (i.e. I can make calls, the radio stays on, watch videos...anything a normal phone will do..)

Also if I do a battery pull out and reinsert it, after boot up the battery shows 100% but the icon and battery level indicators drop back to 1% and empty battery icon within 15-20 mins with the phone continuing it's normal opeartion with the empty battery icon (down to 1%)

This is causing a lot of trouble as I never know what is the actual battery level and poses problem when I do not charge and the battery is actually low.

Can anyone help me fix this problem. The unit is out of warranty and BB guys have refused to repair. I'm using the default theme and have not changed the theme so I can rule out the issues of 3rd party theme icons.

Please suggest

Thanks
    06-14-11 05:07 AM
    Have you tried to reload the OS or load a new OS version? I've had that happen on my old bold 9000. I loaded a new version of the OS and the problem was gone.
    06-14-11 05:55 PM
    Thanks Trippin,

Let me try the new OS .. will update with results
    06-15-11 12:23 AM
    I would agree with the OS reinstall course as suggested by trippin, that should resolve the issue, also I would recomend you use the JL_Cmdr for performing a complete wipe on the device before you install the OS. Let me know if the issue is resolved or not.
    06-16-11 02:40 AM
    Sorry... Reloaded the new OS as well.. no Change... Still giving the same problem... battery always shows 1% ... :-(

any suggestions

@mobibiz... can u guide me on how to use the JL_Cmdr as suggested by you please... Thanks
    06-21-11 03:42 AM
    Vicki, did you do a clean install of the OS with JL command or bbsak? Guide below..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    06-28-11 01:32 AM
    Maybe try popping in a battery from a friend with a 9800 that works properly? You never know...
    06-28-11 01:39 AM
    Maybe try popping in a battery from a friend with a 9800 that works properly? You never know...
    I had a bad battery once that did the exact same thing. Replaced it and never had that problem again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD