Hello Boffins

Am sure this questionhas been posted and answered many times on this forum, but please bear with me, I can't seem to find a satisfactory answer.

my 6 month old 9800, which has loads of apps, including 'quick pull' which I use every night, has suddenly started giving me the 'black spinning clock' too many times, even when just tryimg to access emails and for the past 3 nights, despite going to bed with a fully charged battery, I awake in the morning to find the battery totally flat. I have done this with 2 (two) seperate batteries and same result, totally dead battery in the morning, requires a battery pull and connection to charger just to get the red light to switch on.

Yesterday I downloaded ' a memory optimizer app' seems marginally better
    although I keep having to go into the 'app' to optimize the memory when the black spinning clock appears. Battery still dead this morning though.

Any suggestions? or do I have to upgrade to faster processor BB such as the 9810 or 9900?
    04-04-12 03:11 AM
    Did you put the SD card back in?

I noticed that the battery holds its charge if I’m at home with Wi-Fi. Once I go out where the battery drains really fast hardly lasting 8 or 9 hrs.
    04-04-12 09:31 AM
    Do you manually cut off your wifi connection when you leave home or do you have a app installed on your phone that automaticly connects you to wifi?
    04-04-12 09:38 AM
    My wifi connection is always on, obviously at home it works via wifi, using wifi hasn't affected the performance that dramatically in the past.

Funny you should mention the SD card, because it just 'killed' the 16gb SD card I have in the phone. However I have previously had problems with this particular card, always having to reformat the card. However for the past 6 weeks the card has been behaving okay, until the battery leak problem started and I got the message ' need to format card'.

Am a serious BB supporter, this episode is not helping the cause.
    04-04-12 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD