03-14-11 01:42 AM
26 12
tools
    Atrix didn't fare well in the recent consumer reviews, the screen is pixelated, the 4G speeds are terrible, dual core performance benchmarks failed to beat even the single core Android devices running the same version of software, the accessories like webtop etc are a thrash. The sell though rate is also very low at ATT (3 to 4 devices/day at some ATT stores as per the analyst). All in all not very encouraging I would rather go with another Android or an iPhone or wait until May 3rd to see when the new blackberries are gonna hit the shelves.
    (1) If you absolutely need a hardware keyboard, you have your answer. Having used both, even with good virtual keyboards, I was always better with the Curve and felt better making typing mistakes rather than having software correct them incorrectly, e.g. sale instead of safe, etc.

(2) Other than the keyboard, there is very little I've seen a Torch even compare to the Atrix. To begin, the Atrix is newer - you have to expect newer devices to have later, greater features.

(3) Regarding the other criticisms, with all due respect, the poster does not know his Android devices. As "pixelated" as the Atrix is, we are talking about miles better resolution than the Torch and it is "pixelated" in comparison to other Android hi res devices - and still minimal. Next, the benchmarking smokes everything - the single core Android devices, even nextgen, do not beat this device. Motoblur is an annoyance that (a) is not that bad at all, and (b) can be bypassed by using another launcher.

Regarding using an iPhone instead - if you're thinking about drag and drop ease and use for business, you might be better off banging your head against a brick wall rather than use an iPhone.

The Atrix is a very, very hot device. I wouldn't even think of comparing the two. The Torch is a meager entry by Blackberry. Much better than other devices but they intended for people to want to upgrade from the phone. Slow processor and low resolution. Using a Blackberry again, and I love the portrait typing, unless you love the keyboard, I'd say Atrix. If you really need power email, which many business people do, then the Torch will get done what YOU need with more ease. But I'd pay more for a 1 year contract if possible.
    03-14-11 01:42 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD