I've been having problems with wifi and my 9780, I don't have a bb data plan but wifi in general works for app world etc.

Sometimes the wifi just stops working, the signal strength and connections show that it is connected but just doesn't work. For example, in the appworld it says 'BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." I deleted my connections from saved networks then added it again and the problem was there. The only way to fix it is by soft or hard reset.

I was searching around the forums here and came across a post that says a update is coming, I just wanted to make sure is the update still on it's way? Are there other solutions to this?
    01-24-11 12:13 AM
    No doubt that an update is under way, it's just a matter of when. As for WiFi, I have trouble with mine but I can for sure link it to a router issue with my DLink 615. I'm expecting a new router on the 24th, a Linksys E200. Hoping that will resolve my issues. Might be a router issue; might be OS issue.
    01-24-11 01:44 AM
    I do not know why it would make a difference but some say that changing channels can solve problems.
    01-24-11 08:19 AM
    I've been having problems with wifi and my 9780, I don't have a bb data plan but wifi in general works for app world etc.

Sometimes the wifi just stops working, the signal strength and connections show that it is connected but just doesn't work. For example, in the appworld it says 'BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." I deleted my connections from saved networks then added it again and the problem was there. The only way to fix it is by soft or hard reset.

I was searching around the forums here and came across a post that says a update is coming, I just wanted to make sure is the update still on it's way? Are there other solutions to this?
    You don't have a BB data plan, and you wonder why App World isn't working for you?

You're lucky it's ever worked for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 08:30 AM
    From what I've read, you need a data plan for 9780 to work even though you use wifi connection..

01-24-11 08:32 AM
    You don't need bb data plan for app world to work, I've downloaded several apps. Everything worls except apps like facebook etc that require bb data

01-24-11 03:20 PM
    You don't need bb data plan for app world to work, I've downloaded several apps. Everything worls except apps like facebook etc that require bb data
    You have App World installed and working on your device, without a data plan?

01-24-11 03:25 PM
    ^ lol only on wifi it works
    01-24-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD