CDMA is slowly being phased out, but its not dead yet. Look at coverage maps of Canada (for example). While GSM has great coverage in/around major centers, if you live in a rural area (or travel alot in rural areas) chances are good you're running on CDMA.

GSM is the bigger seller (overall) and I understand that RIM will cater to them first. Why? They bring in more money for the GSM product, and in return GSM products get more R&D funding. As HSPA takes over, CDMA phones will fall further and further behind.
    03-14-10 09:25 AM
    Doesn't att own any and everything they want?
    you mean Apple.
    No, I meant att, their total net worth is several times more than apple and att annual revenue is about 3 times apple.
    03-14-10 09:30 AM
    I just think rim makes better/more devices for the gsm world because that is not only what AT&T and tmobile use but the majority of carriers around the world use it as well.
    There devices are for sale around the world so I think thats why I think they are making the nice ones for gsm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree... I mean most of the BB's that come out are either much better on the gsm carriers, OR they drop the devices 1st on the gsm carriers...
    03-14-10 11:40 AM
    I just think rim makes better/more devices for the gsm world because that is not only what AT&T and tmobile use but the majority of carriers around the world use it as well.
    There devices are for sale around the world so I think thats why I think they are making the nice ones for gsm.
    This makes perfect sense - but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 01:52 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD