I've had my 9700 from tmobile for about 3 weeks now. I just hooked up my jawbone bluetooth and my 3G connection constantly dropped the call.
    Has anyone experienced this? Surely this is a bug?
    I know it wasnt the bluetooth dropping as it would have said lost connection.
    I would watch the signal for 3G and it would be all of the place until it went to one bar and then none and then dropped. I also noticed it would not go to EDGE.

My assumption is that when connected and synced in bluetooth mode and on a call, the software is unable to switch to EDGE for some bug reason?
    03-03-10 09:16 AM
    That's interesting. I posted on another thread that I've had my 9700 for 2 days and it's been dropping 3g quite often and taking a few minutes to regain it. I use my bluetooth all the time and often find myself on EDGE right after I hang up a phone call. I even dropped to GPRS from UMA after a phone call while inside my house. My wife has a G1 with wifi turned off and never uses bluetooth and her 3g signal is almost always strong
    03-03-10 10:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure that what I believe is a BAD bug is the problem. When talking in bluetooth mode and on 3G, it can't auto downgrade to EDGE for the signal and when 3G loses strength it disconnects. How does one actually report this ISSUE to someone? Is it Tmobile or Blackberry? I could just see the waste of time chasing on who to report this to and one saying not here. Blah blah blah red tape.
    03-03-10 10:50 AM
    i have the same issue but not the bluetooth part. everytime im on a call it never is on 3G...and after i hang up it jumps to GPRS or EDGE. it seems getting a 3G signal is harder for my 9700...

tmobile really needs to get a new firmware update out!
    03-03-10 11:23 AM
    Just update using another carriers firmware. Latest is .442. I updated a few times on my tmo 9700 and each one the 3g got better and better.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-03-10 02:04 PM
    im using .423 atm maybe .442 is better
    03-03-10 02:41 PM
    Lol, Network issue. I've never had that issue with AT&T
    03-03-10 02:45 PM
    im using .423 atm maybe .442 is better
    Not sure but when I was briefly on .442 and on bluetooth when I tried to voice dial would not function. When I downgraded back to .423 voice dialing became functional again. I the car I need this.
    03-03-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD