my 9700 is having issues. my first problem is bluetooth. it worked fine until one day i noticed it wasnt active. i go into manage connections, and bluetooth is unchecked. i check it, and it just stays gray until i exit. i reenter, and its still unchecked. i go in to set up bluetooth, and it freezes. i have to hit the end call button to get out of it.

my other issue is in my pictures. i can go into the album, but when i go to select a picture, nothiing happens. i hit the blackberry key, and no menu pops up. the only thing i can do is delete a picture with the delete button.

help...Please!

(btw, just so we all know, i'm running OS 5.0.0.405 on att)
    02-24-10 08:39 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? I'm only asking since you are a noob and may not be aware of the wonders it works yet.
    02-24-10 08:58 AM
    oh i'm plenty aware of the magic a battery pull can do. before this i had the bold 9000, and it came in handy to fix a few things on that one...

sadly, i've tried battery pull about 4 or 5 times. a few times with quick pull, a few times by physically pullin the battery. nothing has changed.
    02-24-10 08:33 PM
    New bb user here....what's a battery pull? Having bluetooth probs too! Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 06:24 AM
    Make sure the device is on when you pull it.

To the OP. Sounds like somethings corrupt your OS. I'd do a back up, wipe and reload.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-25-10 08:00 AM
    Had the same problem on my 9700 w/T-Mobile. The help desk had me do a backup and wipe the phone. That was a few weeks ago and everything has worked properly since then.
    02-25-10 12:10 PM
    i actually fixed it pretty simply. i took a backup file from when i know the problem wasnt there, and went into the advanced option. transferred just the bluetooth settings from the backup to my device, exited everything, did another battery pull, and now everything works again. pictures, bluetooth, setup menus, all is good.
    02-25-10 08:27 PM
    That DannyBoy is a great suggestion!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-25-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD