Hi guys

Got a question for anyone with a blackberry 9700 and a mazda 3 GS 2010

i updated my OS to 5.0.0.743 on friday

and now when i turn the car on, it automatically connects to bluetooth, (handsfree, audio player)

BUT for some reason its not connecting to the A/V Controls, it keeps attempting to connect A/V Controls and its not working

Its annoying, and i want to fix it.

I tried to delete the pair, re-pair, un-check the A/V Control setting on my bb's bluetooth. not working at all,

Now when i drive my bb screen keeps flashing the attempt to connect A/V Controls

something like this..

Flashing

Handsfree (check)
    Audio (check)
    A/V Controls (X)
    06-27-10 03:38 PM
    What you get on the device is a status message that won't go away and it makes the phone inoperable. except for incoming calls. It tells you that the phone is connected, the sound is connected but AV Remote has a red X beside it. AV Remote is essential for BT Audio playback. I had the same issue on a Mazda 3. Same model. I downgraded to the original OS and the problem was solved. I was on with Rogers Wireless tech support for hours over a two day period. I called the Mazda Bluetooth hotline. The only answer was my own suggestion - downgrade. Now it's perfect.
    Last edited by rje; 06-27-10 at 04:18 PM.
    06-27-10 04:15 PM
    Hi guys

Got a question for anyone with a blackberry 9700 and a mazda 3 GS 2010

i updated my OS to 5.0.0.743 on friday

and now when i turn the car on, it automatically connects to bluetooth, (handsfree, audio player)

BUT for some reason its not connecting to the A/V Controls, it keeps attempting to connect A/V Controls and its not working

Its annoying, and i want to fix it.

I tried to delete the pair, re-pair, un-check the A/V Control setting on my bb's bluetooth. not working at all,

Now when i drive my bb screen keeps flashing the attempt to connect A/V Controls

something like this..

Flashing

Handsfree (check)
    Audio (check)
    A/V Controls (X)
    Ok I had the exact same problem with my Mazda as well. I have a 2010 Mazda Sport 2.5, but not the GT package.

I downgraded to .680 and had the same problem. So I tried the official ATT version .602

Everything works fine with .602. However, sometimes I hear a little skip when I'm playing music, almost like the connection breaks for a split second. Very annoying. But everything else works fine.

Last night I upgraded to the newest OS 5.0.0.862. I started up my car and everything connected perfectly! Awesome, or so I thought. I ran into the store, came out, and when I started up my car the same problem. Handfree and audio connect, a/v controls gets stuck in a loop with the X and my phone is inoperable.

So I downgraded once again to 5.0.0.602 from ATT. I really want to use a newer OS, but if I cant use my phone with my car properly I need to stick to this older OS.

Maybe 6.0 will fix this problem, as well as my skip / connection issue then playing music?

I hope so. Anyone have any other idea?
    08-08-10 01:30 PM
    Hello guys ,

I am in the same boat as you guys and have asked this same question various times in the forum but never got a better answer.

Even tried replacing bluetooth cod's from older OS versions but to no avail.

Currently using the Bell Mobility .545 official OS and everything seems good .

Really want to tryout the new OS's but the bluetooth issue hampers it .
    08-11-10 05:06 PM
    Bumping this up , Will there be a viable solution to this issue ?
    Bluetooth works perfect until .545 for me , but later os's not for later builds .

Can anybody help edit the .cod files , if we can replace the inner code (.862 )with those of the older .cod's ( .545 ) and keeping version name as .862 for the net_rim_bluetooth file ?
    09-03-10 01:07 PM
    To add on to the pile, I have the same issue here. The A/V Controls connection toggles on/off repeatedly locking up the phone. Note that the phone is on when I turn on the car. If I shift-alt-delete or battery pull, then it will connect on reboot if the car is running.

Bold 9700 on Rogers. Mazda3 Sport GS 2010.

5.0.0.351 works
    5.0.0.743 fails
    5.0.0.862 fails

Mazda Handsfree support have been told by Rogers that 5.0.0.862 fixes the problem (it does not). Rogers support says they are unaware of the issue, and also it is out of scope for them.
    10-21-10 07:57 PM
    Same problem with AT&T and my 2011 Mazdaspeed3. Spent all morning upgrading to the new .979 only to discover this gem of a problem. Now I have to figure out how to downgrade back to .602. Delightful.
    11-04-10 01:57 PM
    Mazda's Canadian Handsfree site has downgraded the Bold 9700 to "Failed" for pairing with the Mazda3.
    11-04-10 02:19 PM
    Hi folks

I think I've found a fix for this.

I'm running v5.0.0.862

Do this:

Go to Manage Connections > Bluetooth Options
    Press the Menue key (with blackberry symbol on it)
    Choose Options
    Scroll down to bottom of screen
    De-select A/V Remote Control Target
    Press Escape and Save

I've had this set up for 2 days and no problems!! Annoying "looping screen" has gone and no side effects so far.

and interestingly I can still control volume from steering wheel. I don't know if other buttons work - haven't hat time to try.

Better than it was though!! Good luck...
    02-24-11 07:15 PM
    frankiep92's method does work to correct the 'hang loop', but does disable the steering wheel and stereo knob track advance controls.
    02-28-11 01:46 PM
    OS 6 version 6.0.0.448 (Bundle 1879) was released today on Rogers in Canada and corrects the Bluetooth A/V controls death loop on the Mazda3. Thanks RIM!
    03-02-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD