I recently broke my blackberry and have looked on Craigslist for one to replace it and came across a BB 9700 for a good price. Turns out the person is selling it at such a reasonable price due to the issues it has.

1.) The phone turns on but will only load up until the T-Mobile 'Splash' screen when loading up. I figured that reinstalling the OS would clear this right up. but then thought about the second issue.

2.) The seller says that they do not remember the password. I know usually when a password is forgotten you can enter it 10xs incorrectly to rest or do an IT Policy removal.

My question is; With there being a password, would I even be able to access Apploader from my PC to load the OS?

I'm thinking, if I was at least able to reset the OS, I could then do the 10xs password to reset it, then do the IT Policy removal. But, then again I know when you go to remove an IT Policy, it asks for the password.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    03-16-11 01:59 PM
    If it sounds too go to be true it probably IS! Most likely the unit has moisture or damage from a fall, THAT would be my guess. I would say move on to the next deal.
    03-16-11 02:05 PM
    Its easy to check for moisture/water damage though. There is that tab to check IIRC, so if that is fine, then it isn't water related.

How much is this?

Honestly, I say sounds like too much work.

Really wish I picked up my buddies 9700 that worked fine for 100 smacks. Just to have a back-up, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 05:57 PM
    If it sounds too go to be true it probably IS! Most likely the unit has moisture or damage from a fall, THAT would be my guess. I would say move on to the next deal.
    But if I check it out and it does not have water damage, would it be worth the trouble?

Still wondering if Apploader would ask for a password when I go to reload the OS..?
    03-16-11 07:10 PM
    Its easy to check for moisture/water damage though. There is that tab to check IIRC, so if that is fine, then it isn't water related.

How much is this?

Honestly, I say sounds like too much work.

Really wish I picked up my buddies 9700 that worked fine for 100 smacks. Just to have a back-up, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're asking $140OBO. If there isn't any water damage, I wouldn't mind doing the work, as I'd be saving on an awesome phone. Just dont wan to get it and not be able to load the OS w/ Apploader since theres a password on it.
    03-16-11 07:13 PM
    Run as fast as you can the other direction.
    03-16-11 09:04 PM
    Run as fast as you can the other direction.
    Lol yea. I kinda gave up on it. Got another one (w/o box & all the accessories) for a few bucks more. Thanks go out to you and everyone who chipped in - i appreciate it.
    03-16-11 10:29 PM
    Good luck with the device. Did you buy a 9700?
    03-16-11 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD