I was wondering if the 9700 was capable of playing music through a bluetooth headset, I'd like to set it down near me while I workout but don't want too use wired headphones for obvious reasons.

Thanks !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 05:59 PM
    Good question...I don't think you can with music.

03-15-10 06:09 PM
    Hmmm... I guess ill have to experiment when I get home :P gotta put the headset on charge

Thanks!

03-15-10 06:14 PM
    Yes you can. I use my Bold 9700 and a Motorola S9 every day for an hour and a half in the gym. Lifting and cardio.

MOTOROKR S9 - Home Page

Has worked awesome for me for the past two years (one with a 8330, 6 months with an 8900, and now 6 months with my 9700).
    03-15-10 06:22 PM
    Yes you can. I use my Bold 9700 and a Motorola S9 every day for an hour and a half in the gym. Lifting and cardio.

MOTOROKR S9 - Home Page

Has worked awesome for me for the past two years (one with a 8330, 6 months with an 8900, and now 6 months with my 9700).
    Sweet! Hopefully it works with my headset

03-15-10 06:38 PM
    check out my bluetooth headphone thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/be...alking-427335/

i got a motorola s805 and it is a sweet bluetooth headphone for music and making call!
    03-15-10 06:46 PM
    Sweet! Hopefully it works with my headset

It should if your headset supports A2DP.
    -Tom

03-15-10 07:28 PM
    It should if your headset supports A2DP.
    -Tom

Hmm so it has to have support huh... I just tried it and while the music is playing I hit the menu button and hit activate headset and all that happens is the speaker one the phone just lowers in volume, is there a trick to it? or do I need a new headset, I'm using a 20 dollar jabra from bestbuy if that helps any.

Thanks!

03-15-10 08:19 PM
    If you get podtrapper app, The app allows you to play podcasts and music to a mono or stereo bluetooth headset.
    03-15-10 09:15 PM
    If you get podtrapper app, The app allows you to play podcasts and music to a mono or stereo bluetooth headset.
    Awesome, I'll give that a try thanks!
    03-15-10 09:28 PM
    PodTrapper is a great application, I use it every day. Pandora and Garmin Mobile also work fine with BT headsets. BlackBerry Media Player seems to be the app that has problems with non-A2DP headsets. At least that's been my experience.
    03-16-10 08:11 AM
    if you just want a single ear headset I've really been liking the BlueAnt Q1... A2DP is fully supported so every app plays through it without changing settings and the voice features (caller id announce and no touch answer in particular) are pretty awesome. Apps like Slacker play much better through Q1 than any non-A2DP headsets I've tried.

Voice quality is a close second to the Plantronics Voyager Pro, volume is great, it's quite comfortable and feature for feature it's awefully tough to beat.
    03-16-10 01:02 PM
    When I connect my Moto S705 bluetooth to my 9700, I can play music through it. I cannot advance to a new track via the headset. I had no problems using all features with my 8320. I wonder if it is the OS on the Bold? I am using 5.0.0.330 from T-Mobile.

03-16-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD