I need some help deciding which BB to get? I can get a BB Style 9670 for $30 or a Bold 9650 for $150. I understand that the style has a lower res screen, but it has OS 6 preloaded. Bold has the higher res screen, but i can put OS 6 on it.

I'm just reaching out to the BB nation to see what other people thought?
    02-13-11 10:27 AM
    I've had both styles of phones? (the candybar and the clamshell)...the blackberry style is compact in size but big in performance...it doesn't require many accessories(a plus)...and it fits easily into your pockets...
    02-13-11 10:41 AM
    Bold all the way IMHO.

Nothing comes close to the form factor of the Bold phones.

Just my 2 cents
    02-13-11 10:47 AM
    Bold all the way IMHO.

Nothing comes close to the form factor of the Bold phones.

Just my 2 cents
    Essentially, the Style is in the CDMA Bold family. My best advice is to see which device works best for you, and then make your purchase.
    02-13-11 10:54 AM
    this is great info, I am looking to upgrade my Tour 9630 to either the style or bold 9650 very soon.
    02-13-11 01:53 PM
    Try both of them in the Sprint store and see which one you like. You will not know how well you like the form factor or the keyboard on the Style until you try it. I have friends who switched from candybar form factor (Tour/Curve) to Style, and they like it.
    02-13-11 01:57 PM
    As a former Tour owner, I would only select the Bold if you don't like the form factor of the Style or if you require GSM for international travel.

Style is more compact, has a better camera, (slightly) faster processor, and *might* be supported longer down the road since it is a newer device.

Not to mention the Style can be had anywhere from free to $50, whereas the Bold is still selling for closer to $200.
    02-13-11 02:21 PM
    As a former Tour owner, I would only select the Bold if you don't like the form factor of the Style or if you require GSM for international travel.

Style is more compact, has a better camera, (slightly) faster processor, and *might* be supported longer down the road since it is a newer device.

Not to mention the Style can be had anywhere from free to $50, whereas the Bold is still selling for closer to $200.
    The Style CPU (according to FCC ID internal photos) is a Qualcomm MSM7500...and it's rated at 528Mhz...same speed as the 9650
    AnthroMatt likes this.
    02-13-11 09:41 PM
    The Style CPU (according to FCC ID internal photos) is a Qualcomm MSM7500...and it's rated at 528Mhz...same speed as the 9650
    Thanks for clearing that up. I have seen that reported as well as seen it reported with the same processor as the Torch. I presume the FCC docs would be a good authority on that.

That said, this thing lags far less than my Tour ever did, though that may be a function of the OS6 more than anything.
    02-13-11 09:50 PM
    I went through the same decision. In fact I had them both several times till I decided to keep the Bold. The Style is a great device. For me the Bold had just a tiny bit more room on the keyboard and I like the wider form factor on the Bold. You cant go wrong with either one and the screen resolution is not enough of a difference to matter. Not near as much of a difference of the curve 9330 vs the 9650. If you dont mind flipping the phone open go with the Style.
    02-13-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD