Whenever I try to charge my battery, it only charges to 1.5 cells or to 2.5 calles (halfway).. never more than that. and if i try to charge it before it dies, it only charges when it is on. if it is off, the battery actually drains completely to the point where i dont even see the screen that say "battery drained. shutting down device." i just get nothing.

then i plug in the charger, get a red light for 3 or 4 seconds, then nothing. not even the screen that shows the battery with the lightning bolt, showing that it charges. sometimes after trying 10 or 11 times, the icon shows up, my berry restarts, then charges. half way, sometimes less.

im stuck in a neverending cycle. any ideas?

oh also, if it means anything, i am visiting austria and have been here for 3 months. i am using the A1 network, switch in and out between, edge,EDGE, and 3G
    12-04-10 03:34 AM
    Which charger are you using, the one that plugs into an electrical outlet or the USB port one? I would try both of the different options to charge if you haven't already.

When it won't charge, is the device warm/hot? It may temporarily stop charging until it cools back off.

Oh, also, has it been doing this the entire time you've been in Austria or is this just a recent development?
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-04-10 at 04:49 AM.
    nick.priest likes this.
    12-04-10 04:46 AM
    Which charger are you using, the one that plugs into an electrical outlet or the USB port one? I would try both of the different options to charge if you haven't already.

When it won't charge, is the device warm/hot? It may temporarily stop charging until it cools back off.

Oh, also, has it been doing this the entire time you've been in Austria or is this just a recent development?
    the outlet one.... but i did just try the USb one and it is working... i think. thanks

and sometimes it gets warm.

recent development
    12-04-10 04:52 AM
    the USB charger did charge it, but only halfway.
    12-04-10 06:56 AM
    My prime suspect is the battery. Could be the charging circuit also but I'd start with the easier replacement item. Easier to replace a battery than the device :-) Can you find a battery to test, maybe from a friend or a store?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-04-10 08:10 AM
    Check the battery for dark spots(carbon) on the contact points. They can be removed with an eraser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 11:37 AM
    how old is that device it is recent right? try replacing the battery first and we'll see
    12-06-10 12:08 PM
    Australia 240 V 50 Hz
    Are you using the correct adapter? If you are using 120V 60Hz charger, that would explain your problem.

If you use a USB port, it will be the correct power to fully charge your battery.
    12-06-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD