I have a bold 9650 on verizon network. I was wondering if theres a way that i can use data only on wifi? I found an option to turn off data services, but that doesnt let me use the browser. and when i turn off mobile network, i cant use the phone.

I was wondering if there was another way to setup, that only wifi is used when using the browsesr. I have the 150mb plan a month, and at home i wanna use wifi, and want to make sure 3g isnt being used for data.

All your feedback would be appreciated.
    12-25-10 12:04 PM
    It will always default to wifi when the wifi is fully connected (indicator is on and white).

As for apps, some will use the best connection (wifi), but some won't work over just wifi. You can check the options of each app to see what connections they can and can't use.
    12-25-10 12:17 PM
    i just switched to the 150mb data plan as well, and i am always connected to wifi.

no need to turn data services off, it will always use wifi first, then when you leave the wifi area it will use data. i am saving a ton of money now that i switched to this plan. i was only averaging 5mb of data per month. so far i think i have only 8mb since i am always in a wifi area.

you can always dial #data to have a free text sent to you with your megabyte usage as well, just to make sure!
    12-25-10 04:11 PM
    Wifi is such a money saver

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 04:23 PM
    thanks for the insight on the new vz data plan. Just changed both of my Bold plans. I didn't know they were offering a reduced plan now
    12-25-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD