Has anyone with a 9650 been able to use Starbucks free WIFI with the 9650? I am able to use free WIFI at other restaurants with no problem. Listed below is the problem.

- it appears to connect to Starbucks router, and automatically launch the BB browser.

- there is a green connect button, when I click on it a message says to click on the terms of service agreement first.

- the terms of service box is not visible anywhere on the screen. Tried changing various browser options, but still no joy.

If you have been able to use Starbucks free WIFI with a 9650, please let me know what settings are used in the browser. I think the page is being rendered in such a way that the terms of service check box is not visible.

Thanks,

Barry
    08-12-10 09:51 AM
    No experience at Starbucks, but both the 9700 and 9650 work with Caribou Coffee free WiFi. If you have one of those near
    08-12-10 10:15 AM
    I do have a Caribou Coffee near me. I will try their WIFI. It seems like the only WIFI that won't work on my 9650 is Starbucks. Another thing I thought of was to try changing the browser identification to IE or Firefox.

No experience at Starbucks, but both the 9700 and 9650 work with Caribou Coffee free WiFi. If you have one of those near
    08-12-10 12:43 PM
    Has anyone with a 9650 been able to use Starbucks free WIFI with the 9650? I am able to use free WIFI at other restaurants with no problem. Listed below is the problem.

- it appears to connect to Starbucks router, and automatically launch the BB browser.

- there is a green connect button, when I click on it a message says to click on the terms of service agreement first.

- the terms of service box is not visible anywhere on the screen. Tried changing various browser options, but still no joy.

If you have been able to use Starbucks free WIFI with a 9650, please let me know what settings are used in the browser. I think the page is being rendered in such a way that the terms of service check box is not visible.

Thanks,

Barry

Vons wifi does this EXACT same thing to me. I have never figured it out either. Cuious minds want to know!
    08-12-10 12:50 PM
    I do have a Caribou Coffee near me. I will try their WIFI. It seems like the only WIFI that won't work on my 9650 is Starbucks. Another thing I thought of was to try changing the browser identification to IE or Firefox.
    I'd say to try this and see what happens. I know with some sites i visit, if i'm on the BB browser identification, some of the sites buttons aren't clickable (doesn't show the finger just pointer). But if i swith to IE or Firefox, the hand will appear and works fine... So yea, try IE or FF and see what happens...
    08-12-10 05:10 PM
    Change your browser setting to hotspot browser.....let me know how it works please.........
    08-12-10 05:52 PM
    Works for me at Starbucks. Just check the agreement on our browser page that pops up. Then you should be good to go.
    08-12-10 07:14 PM
    Works for me at Starbucks. Just check the agreement on our browser page that pops up. Then you should be good to go.

That is the problem, there is no place to check off on the service agreement.

Please let me know how you have your browser configured, especially the browser identification. I will try some more tests per the messages above the next time I am at Starbucks.

Thanks
    08-12-10 09:41 PM
    I used wifi yesterday at the Starbucks. It prompted me to agree to the terms & conditions, which indicated AT&T. On the extreme top left of the screen(barely visible on my Bold 9650) is the box. Check it and u are connected. BTW, I am on vzw. Browser configuration: BB, with java script enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:48 PM
    I used wifi yesterday at the Starbucks. It prompted me to agree to the terms & conditions, which indicated AT&T. On the extreme top left of the screen(barely visible on my Bold 9650) is the box. Check it and u are connected. BTW, I am on vzw. Browser configuration: Hotspot; Identification:BB, with java script enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD