i just got my bold 9650...i upgraded from tour 9630 which ive had since it came out. im sure this has been mentioned here..but i just realized that while connected to wifi...you can go to "manage connections" and turn off your radio...and you can still bbm/use app world/use facebook...sorry i never knew this..just sharing something out there for those that maybe didnt know
    05-23-10 05:51 PM
    yes, u can do all of that with the connections off, but obviously the only thing you can't do is make a call while your on WIFI with the connections off. That you can only do on T-mobile.

pretty cool though
    05-23-10 05:59 PM
    you can also access the internet while on a phone call, which is nice.
    05-23-10 05:59 PM
    you can also access the internet while on a phone call, which is nice.
    very nice...ofcourse while connected to wifi. like gsm...difference is...they can do that...we cdma users cant...only connected via wifi. still comes in handy
    05-23-10 06:15 PM
    can you still text and email on WIFI as well? Because I work in an office with no reception but we have an access point in the so that would be absolutley perfect. Yes I have a tour and I dont know yet if the bold is worth the upgrade
    05-23-10 07:05 PM
    can you still text and email on WIFI as well? Because I work in an office with no reception but we have an access point in the so that would be absolutley perfect. Yes I have a tour and I dont know yet if the bold is worth the upgrade
    no u cant...tried that and doesnt work
    05-23-10 07:06 PM
    with wifi you can email, use BBM and access the web.. however sms txt go over the phone network so no reception = no txt

05-23-10 07:27 PM
    with wifi you can email, use BBM and access the web.. however sms txt go over the phone network so no reception = no txt
    U are correct...just re-checked again...not bad..guess these are the perks for having a bb with wi-fi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD