I am trying to connect to my router at home. I have Verizon Fios and a router.
    When I go to WiFi Setup it does put in the network, I entered the SSID # but when I see the profile on "Saved Profiles" it shows connected but there is a black box with - symbol, and the WiFi symbol does not turn white it is gray! Any ideas?
    Edit/Delete Message
    07-12-10 08:27 AM
    Do you have security setup on the router?

Also is the icon turn into the letter "i" or is is still a "-"?
    07-12-10 08:29 AM
    Where do I check to see if I have security set up on my router. It shows connected but I still have the - in the black box!
    07-12-10 08:41 AM
    go into your router settings. Normally Verizon set's up the security on install as WEP encryption.

192.168.1.1 is your routers local address. user name:admin password: password

If that is not correct you can reset the router.. Verizon | FiOS Internet - How can I find my router's default user name and password?
    07-12-10 08:49 AM
    I had to put in the security key, now all works well, thanks for your help!
    07-14-10 10:10 AM
    I wish mine had wifi, but I'm glad its got international anyway
    07-14-10 08:26 PM
    i jus got my blackberry bold 9650 from verizon today. Love everything about it and couldnt be happier. My question is since it has wifi capability, when i am at home should i be using my home Wifi connection, or should i be using 3g network? If i should be using 3g, what is the point of wifi other than being in a "dead zone" and are able to access wifi?

thankkk yaa
    07-14-10 11:57 PM
    i jus got my blackberry bold 9650 from verizon today. Love everything about it and couldnt be happier. My question is since it has wifi capability, when i am at home should i be using my home Wifi connection, or should i be using 3g network? If i should be using 3g, what is the point of wifi other than being in a "dead zone" and are able to access wifi?

thankkk yaa
    You should use whatever works best from that location. Some folks claim that wifi is faster than the data-connection. And obviously, in a data dead zone, if wifi is available use it.

Also, if you were outside of carrier's home, say overseas, wifi would be cheaper than data, if free wifi were available.

You might want to change your profile to reflect your new phone and enjoy it.
    07-15-10 12:21 AM

thankkk yaa
    You should use whatever works best from that location. Some folks claim that wifi is faster than the data-connection. And obviously, in a data dead zone, if wifi is available use it.

Also, if you were outside of carrier's home, say overseas, wifi would be cheaper than data, if free wifi were available.

You might want to change your profile to reflect your new phone and enjoy it.
    07-15-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD