I suggest you take her to an eye doctor, not an optometrist. I've had poor vision for years. At 50 I had cataract surgery. (Actually one eye was done just before my 50th bday, the other a few days after.) My vision is now awesome. It's a shame that I went all these years with poor vision.

My grandmother lived to be 98 and could pass the eye exam for her drivers license. (She didn't drive, but it made her feel independent).

After getting your mom's eyes fixed, get her a Q10, Z30, or maybe even a new EYEphone. If you get her a capable phone, unless she's like over 80, believe me, she will start using it.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:24 AM
    My MIL who is in her 80s is a wiz on her Android tablet that we bought for her about two years ago. She loves FB, emails and YouTube. Learning the tablet took no time at all.

I think ur mom will enjoy the Q5. She will have the opportunity to explore new technology.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-22-14 09:42 AM
    My MIL who is in her 80s is a wiz on her Android tablet that we bought for her about two years ago. She loves FB, emails and YouTube. Learning the tablet took no time at all.

I think ur mom will enjoy the Q5. She will have the opportunity to explore new technology.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    Yep, people continually under estimate the older folks. Your MIL might have gone 80 years without social networking, but introduce her to it, well you have first hand experience. My 80 year old aunt is a mac expert.

Q10s are under $300. After putting up with the OP for all those years, she deserves a higher end device. If not a Q10, then a Passport or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:27 PM
    Yep, people continually under estimate the older folks. Your MIL might have gone 80 years without social networking, but introduce her to it, well you have first hand experience. My 80 year old aunt is a mac expert.

Q10s are under $300. After putting up with the OP for all those years, she deserves a higher end device. If not a Q10, then a Passport or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Nice. And I have noticed lots of seniors adopting the iPhones and iPads too.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    08-25-14 07:37 AM
    Go with BB10 classic when it comes. Touch screens are more intuitive than non-touch phones in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ya except for the lack of qwerty, I phones can't be beat for intuitivness and clarity. They've had years to nail the UX.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:30 PM
    OP, the 9320 is a perfectly fine phone for the requirements you listed. I got my mother the exact same phone a year ago and she's pleased with it.
    08-26-14 02:28 AM
    My mom has taken to the Q5 surprisingly well. From flip phone and email on pc to Q5 and most everything on it. I'm impressed really.

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    08-26-14 04:57 AM
    Viable option for Mom is to have her pick out her own phone.
    08-27-14 01:50 PM
    Viable option for Mom is to have her pick out her own phone.
    True this!

08-27-14 10:32 PM
    True this!

Why is that ? Most people, especially those that claim to be teckkies, can't even pick out their own phone. What's going to happen to a dumb phone user when they go to the store ? Some kid that can't get laid in a $50 ***** house with a hundred dollar bill is going to shove a Samdung phone in her face. "Here's what all the cool people use, see I have one too."

It's not Apple's marketing team BlackBerry needs, it's Samsung's. Apple at least makes nice quality phones with a good OS. Samsung doesn't, yet they still sell millions of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 12:37 PM
    Why is that ? Most people, especially those that claim to be teckkies, can't even pick out their own phone. What's going to happen to a dumb phone user when they go to the store ? Some kid that can't get laid in a $50 ***** house with a hundred dollar bill is going to shove a Samdung phone in her face. "Here's what all the cool people use, see I have one too."

It's not Apple's marketing team BlackBerry needs, it's Samsung's. Apple at least makes nice quality phones with a good OS. Samsung doesn't, yet they still sell millions of them.

Posted via CB10
    Not you though...never happen. There must be a lot of Samsung phones that would be better than a 9320.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-28-14 at 01:29 PM.
    08-28-14 01:18 PM
    No salesman in the known universe outside of a small village in Nigeria would be suggesting a 9320.
    I'd hope not, but maybe Kenya. Anyway, you quoted the wrong post.
    NP on my part.

Which, reminds me...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:27 PM
    OP, the 9320 is a perfectly fine phone for the requirements you listed. I got my mother the exact same phone a year ago and she's pleased with it.
    I think I might know your Mom. Real nice lady. I saw her with her phone and I said "Cool, vintage, I like it." she rolled her eyes and said "No, after all the money I've spent on my son, this is what the cheapo thanks me with. Oh well, I love him anyways."

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:34 PM
39 12