I won't include the lies they told to investors that are involved in the class action lawsuit.

1) Angry Birds will be released for Playbook "this summer"
    2) Native email coming to Playbook "this summer"
    3) Blackberry 9900 will have a built in wifi hotspot
    4) Blackberry 9900 will be released "this summer"
    5) Future QNX phones will have an app player to run legacy Blackberry Java apps
    6) There will be a Blackberry JDE environment for QNX devices
    7) Android will be "fully supported" on the Playbook
    8) An Android player will be released "this summer"
    9) An Eclipse plugin for Mac with simulator support is coming (quoted late 2010)

I just don't get it.. they wouldn't have been any worse off if they just decided to tell the truth for once. I'm a longtime RIM fan and developer, but would like to see the whole company go bankrupt and the managers to not get a penny in pension money after the numerous lies they've pushed on their loyal customers. The management team and many of the employees should be ashamed to even be seen in public.

Anyone have anything to add?

BTW, I want my money back on my Playbook for the issues above, but RIM customer service are apparently sociopaths and believe their lies to be reality somehow.
    10-19-11 01:11 PM
    #4 wasn't really a lie since it was released in August which is still summer, I know some carriers a still waiting to release, but that is the carriers problem.
    10-19-11 01:47 PM
    Under promise, over deliver. Under promise, over deliver.

Repeat after me...

Amazing how many in sales, service and/or business don't understand that most basic strategy.
    preciseman, BBThemes and avt123 like this.
    10-19-11 01:48 PM
    I also believe the 9900/9930 does have wifi hotspot capabilities and it is the carriers decision whether or not to allow it.
    10-19-11 01:49 PM
    Agreed 4 is not a lie, they did release it in the summer.
    10-19-11 01:49 PM
    Steve Jobs told me the iPad was magical. I'm still trying to find it.

But would have to agree on the points. Sucks eh?
    Last edited by steve911; 10-19-11 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Edit
    10-19-11 01:55 PM
    #4 wasn't really a lie since it was released in August which is still summer, I know some carriers a still waiting to release, but that is the carriers problem.
    +1... item #4 wasn't a lie, the other 8 line items.........
    10-19-11 02:08 PM
    Great, another thread like this. Bad RIM, you are grounded. Does that make you feel better? Or does joining a forum to trash RIM do it for you?

You really want the company to go bankrupt? Didn't you say you were a developer? Wouldn't that mean you would lose money too? And not to mention the number of people who would be out of a job.

This all seems pretty harsh because Angry Birds is not available. I know you listed other things, but Angry Birds was #1.
    dadymon, Wretch 12 and meganVee like this.
    10-19-11 02:09 PM
    Steve Jobs told me the iPad was magical. I'm still trying to find it.

But would have to agree on the points. Sucks eh?
    You've got to invest skill points into that. You might have to level up some, but once you've done that you can unlock the spell "steve jobs mind control".
    10-19-11 02:10 PM
    Where did RIM make these promises? Because half of what you're saying seems like is conjured up from rumours and speculation - nothing more.
    10-19-11 02:36 PM
    I was pretty sure everyone was well aware of the math and logic you need to have when dealing with RIM...

Add 1 - 2 years to every date they provide you.
    Realize the product does not do 50%+ of the things you bought it to do, but are promised a software update.
    Wait 6 - 9+ months helplessly for an update...
    The update will only resolve maybe, 30% of your issues... but because of how long you've had to wait, and because you've grown so used to the problems - you will think the update was AWESOME.
    Repeat forever.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 10-19-11 at 02:53 PM.
    Chrisy, Exiled Bulldawg and demzzy like this.
    10-19-11 02:41 PM
    3) Blackberry 9900 will have a built in wifi hotspot - it does, the software is being held back by your carrier, the hardware and potential are there (this was also case for the original Nexus in the UK)

4) Blackberry 9900 will be released "this summer" - august is summer, sorry

5) Future QNX phones will have an app player to run legacy Blackberry Java apps this was said in 2010, not saying its right, but that was last year

6) There will be a Blackberry JDE environment for QNX devices - app player for legacy apps and a JDE are the same thing, so this one is just a duplicate of #5

7) Android will be "fully supported" on the Playbook - it is to an acceptable point, of course RIM dont want to use google services such as in app payments, you`d be moaning now claiming RIM were giving google their profits if it did

8) An Android player will be released "this summer" - did you not see the `leak`

9) An Eclipse plugin for Mac with simulator support is coming (quoted late 2010) - 2010 is last year

BTW, I want my money back on my Playbook for the issues above, but RIM customer service are apparently sociopaths and believe their lies to be reality somehow.
    how old is your playbook? because i cant see why people purchase things based on what it `might do`. thats why theres a spec sheet, it there to point out what it can do, softwares always evolving, so you know you cant count on that.
    10-19-11 02:56 PM
    I was pretty sure everyone was well aware of the math and logic you need to have when dealing with RIM...

Realize the product does not do 50%+ of the things you bought it to do, but are promised a software update.
    The update will only resolve maybe, 30% of your issues... but because of how long you've had to wait, and because you've grown so used to the problems - you will think the update was AWESOME.
    Repeat forever.
    hmmm, sounds an awful lot like some of the iPhone issues as well. So I guess the companies are very similar. Except Apple doesn't get the bad press.
    10-19-11 02:59 PM
    Except for RIM to do underpomising the announcement would have to be "we will not release anything new in 2011 or 2012, sorry"

In my mind if you are simply late you are more incompetent that a liar.

Repeat after me...

Amazing how many in sales, service and/or business don't understand that most basic strategy.
    10-19-11 03:05 PM
    Please end this thread! It is infested with Trolls! People who don't even have bb products!
    10-19-11 03:13 PM
    there are more lies then that

jim b said leap frog everyone thats a lie

jim has actual stated all the lies i think and theres a lot more

he said blackberry6 devices are jaw droping thats a lie and funny
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 03:21 PM
    listen im not a troll the truth is the truth they have lied like crazy

i own a bb and i used to own shares long time ago i having listen to all the earnings calls
    and all the investor meetings they have told more lies then truth

during the last investor meeting jim stated that the playbook 4g will be out by september what happend
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 03:23 PM
    you should provide links to articles where these promises were made
    10-19-11 03:46 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Please end this thread! It is infested with Trolls! People who don't even have bb products!
    just mostly TROLLS!!! . mods .. you need to clean up the trolling so the rest of us can get intelligent info exchanged ....seriously! ....
    10-19-11 03:50 PM
    I've been playing Angry Birds on my PB since the day I got it, not sure what the problem is here...
    10-19-11 03:52 PM

Repeat forever.
    ....also, if you feel you've been lied to, realize that its because you're just not tech savvy enough to be sensitive to the developmental complexities underlying their products, so its not really lying.
    graxyq likes this.
    10-19-11 04:24 PM
    just mostly TROLLS!!! . mods .. you need to clean up the trolling so the rest of us can get intelligent info exchanged ....seriously! ....
    Troll: Dissatisfied RIM customer.
    aNYthing24 and preciseman like this.
    10-19-11 04:26 PM
    jim b said leap frog everyone thats a lie
    What?

The BBX OS in terms of features and functionality undoubtedly "leap-frogs" the competition. To be honest, I can't see how either iOS or Android could possible catch up to the massive lead RIM has there.

Development tools? Well, RIM has them beat there as well. Honestly, compare what RIM showed us to both iOS and Android. I'd say they've effectively leaped (in a frog like way) well ahead of the competition.

HTML 5? Well, I guess not. RIM has been ahead there for a while now. You can't jump over the guy behind you!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-19-11 04:59 PM
    RIM should just fire the 2 CEOs
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 05:10 PM
    ....also, if you feel you've been lied to, realize that its because you're just not tech savvy enough to be sensitive to the developmental complexities underlying their products, so its not really lying.
    As you quoted my comment, I'll assume this comment was directed at me... I've been a web developer for nearly a decade now and have been involved with several desktop application projects across the globe... I fully understand what you describe as the "developmental complexities" involved. However, if your team cannot deliver Product X by date Y, then find a team that can or don't announce that Product X will be available on date Y. Pretty simple stuff we're talking about here.

Regardless of anything - if you say it will be done, and you don't have it done when you said you would... what would you call this?
    Last edited by rdkempt; 10-19-11 at 05:27 PM.
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 05:24 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD