Hey there,

New to the forums, first post, but I've been browsing for the last couple days searching for GPS related information. Alas, I haven't been able to find much in the way of specific technical info.

I'm not a developer, but I'm looking to find some technical information to troubleshoot a GPS problem I've been having with my 8830. I've seen terms like aGPS, JSR, and PDPE IP and port floating around the forums. Has anyone written any kind of documentation on this stuff?

The specific problem I'm having is this: I don't seem to have any problem acquiring an initial fix with a good view of the sky, it even works indoors on occasion. However, I'm trying to set up some long term tracking and GPX/KML/NMEA logging, and I'm finding almost every piece of software I've tried bails out after 10 minutes max... stops recording track points. I've used TrekBuddy, BBTracker, GPSed, GPSLogger, Google Maps, etc.

I find that on occasion, when BBTracker (my preferred app) bails out, I can "kick" it by opening BlackBerry Maps and starting GPS navigation.... however, even after I do that, it bails out again after 10 minutes roughly.

I think I'm going to try Unibomber's GPS fix as posted on the forums here, but I don't know if that's going to resolve my specific issue. I haven't read of anyone else having the same problem as me, so that's why I was interested in some technical resources to read into the problem myself.

Any advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated... thanks,
    02-10-09 10:34 AM
    i use 8830v, but i don't use GPS.
    anyone can help me?
    02-10-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD