I received a 8830 Blackberry as a gift. It was sent from the U.S. and the provider there was AT&T. I have had it unlocked and I wiped it of all information but the U.S. phone number still shows up on the screen and I can't make or receive calls. I thought wiping it would erase all the information but it still acts like it is in the U.S. My provider here is TIGO. Any help would be appreciated.
    09-14-11 02:10 PM
    Have you switched it from the CDMA radio to the GSM radio? You have to turn on GSM in the settings, otherwise it is going to default to CDMA.
    09-14-11 02:16 PM
    You sure it was from AT&T?
    09-14-11 02:21 PM
    Have you switched it from the CDMA radio to the GSM radio? You have to turn on GSM in the settings, otherwise it is going to default to CDMA.
    When I wipe all the information from the phone it only gives me the automatic option in CDMA or GSM. I have the TIGO chip in the phone. Is there a way to change the setting to GSM. Please let me know.
    09-14-11 06:18 PM
    You sure it was from AT&T?
    I'm sorry for the misinformation. I also received a Palm which is the one with AT&T. The Blackberry 8830 is a Sprint phone.
    Last edited by santacgt; 09-14-11 at 06:20 PM. Reason: grammer
    09-14-11 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD