I can't seem to get the Wifi symbol to stay a "solid white color" with my Home network. I can initially connect to my home network which takes about 30 seconds for it to turn white, but then after about 3 minutes, it turns back to grey.

I used to have a Storm 2 which I know initially had the "white/grey wifi icon" issue, but I know Verizon fixed it very quickly. When Verizon fixed that issue, it just required re-sending the service books, which I have done several times now with my Curve2 and still no luck.

I know I read something about "mac settings" somewhere, but not sure if that has anything to do with it. To tell you the truth I don't know what that is or how to change it.

If it helps, I'm using a NETGEAR DGB34G Wireless Router. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    11-29-09 09:36 AM
    I can't seem to get the Wifi symbol to stay a "solid white color" with my Home network. I can initially connect to my home network which takes about 30 seconds for it to turn white, but then after about 3 minutes, it turns back to grey.

I used to have a Storm 2 which I know initially had the "white/grey wifi icon" issue, but I know Verizon fixed it very quickly. When Verizon fixed that issue, it just required re-sending the service books, which I have done several times now with my Curve2 and still no luck.

I know I read something about "mac settings" somewhere, but not sure if that has anything to do with it. To tell you the truth I don't know what that is or how to change it.

If it helps, I'm using a NETGEAR DGB34G Wireless Router. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-29-09 10:59 AM
    Just an update....wifi icon keeps on going back and forth from white and grey. One moment it is grey and then when I pick my berry up after a while of non use, it will be white again....what's up with that???

11-29-09 11:05 AM
    I have an 8900 on ATT network and have the same issue at home. Connects fine in other places. I have concluded it is prob an issue with my TRENDnet 652brp router, although several other computers connect to it just fine.
    11-29-09 08:33 PM
    I have been having the same issue. Sometime it is a struggle to get the wifi symbol to go white. Usually after it does though it will stay white for several hours. I have a Netgear router too. Not sure on the model.
    07-29-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD