How badly will having the GPS location on - in options drain the Battery?
    Because I've been getting awful life out of the battery and I just realized GPS was on. So I'm hoping that was the cause of draining the battery.
    02-24-10 12:11 PM
    Fat chance of that being the culprit. Give your device a full charge, turn GPS off and see the difference.

Other possibilities are data hogging apps running in the background, WiFi trying to connect when there are no hotspots, autodim, keyboard backlight.

Check them out!
    02-24-10 12:44 PM
    Lessons I've learned over the past few weeks:

1) When closing a program, CLOSE the program. Meaning, while in the app, click the BB button, scroll down the menu to "Close", and click that. Otherwise, the app will remain running in the background.

2) Bluetooth. When you're not using it, disable it. Don't just disconnect or leave it running.

3) Give your phone and battery a good two weeks breaking in. I don't know if it's an old wives' tale, or just anecdotal, but it seems to get to the proper charge/usage in about 10 days.

4) When getting a new phone, most people (including myself) work the heck out of it right away, exploring all the functions. Once you get over that, you'll find yourself using only the apps and functions that you actually want to use.

5) When not using it, turn off WiFi.

6) After all this, the battery does lack in longevity. But, doing all the above, you'll see increased life.
    Last edited by decypher44; 02-24-10 at 03:09 PM.
    02-24-10 03:01 PM
    The phone only packs 1150mah oem, which isn't that huge.

If you are die hard, get an extended battery (I think it goes up to 1350 if you want to keep the battery door stock size).
    02-24-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD