Hi,
    Can any one help pls with my BB 8520 curve?
    1) Is it possible to set up my email on my BB without BIS data plan, so I can send + receive emails let say set up my gmail. a/c on the ph?
    2)Is it possible to fix the ph so I can send MMS (currently can't send picture messages nor could I before I changed networks Vodafone to go conquer)
    3)How do I change my default browser to Opera mini (I believe that this is not possible)?

I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

Thanks 4 your time
    Shaz
    05-29-13 03:59 PM
    Hi welcome to CB.

You will need a BIS plan for emails to work. Whether you get email + social networking or full data plan (dependent upon what your carrier offers). It needs BIS, even if you are connected to wifi to function properly.
    shazgreenhalgh likes this.
    05-29-13 04:04 PM
    Hello again.

Hi,
    Can any one help pls with my BB 8520 curve?
    1) Is it possible to set up my email on my BB without BIS data plan, so I can send + receive emails let say set up my gmail. a/c on the ph?

There was an app once that would work on a normal data plan and over WiFi. YouMail or something. I don't know if they still support legacy BlackBerry devices though. Otherwise, you'll need BIS for a lot other stuff so you probably should just do for it.

2)Is it possible to fix the ph so I can send MMS (currently can't send picture messages nor could I before I changed networks Vodafone to go conquer)

If you plan allows for it, you'll be able to use it. Otherwise, the 8520 won't work any miracles.

3)How do I change my default browser to Opera mini (I believe that this is not possible)?

You don't. BOLT Browser was the only alternative that could actually take over and it isno longer supported.

I tried to register with BIS (can't even rem what email address I set up when I 1st got the BB ) and BIS said that can't connect with Wifi + to make sure it compatible with URL (which I don't understand)..

To get BIS, call your carrier and tell them you have a BlackBerry 8520 and you need the correct data plan to make it work. Even on pre paid plans you can activate BIS.

Thanks 4 your time
    Shaz
    PS: Try not to double post.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-29-13 at 04:21 PM.
    shazgreenhalgh likes this.
    05-29-13 04:10 PM