My 8330 that I have had for 2 years seems to have some new issues. I am on Sprint. Sometimes when people call me, it will not ring even though it has full bars and 1XEV. If they leave a message when this happens, it will not show up.

This happens randomly.

As an example, the other night my wife called me multiple times over the course of a half hour, leaving 2 messages. My phone was active, with full bars, and the usual load ringtone and it was sitting on my desk in its usual spot when I am home. It had absolutely no alerts or missed calls shown.

I had picked it up trying to find them. I had her call me again after I had hit the space bar and lit up the screen and it rang. During the course of it ringing or answering, it finally showed the voice mail alerts.

Is my BB dying? It is like it goes to sleep sometimes, when it shows full signal and audible ringtone setting.
    11-17-10 11:30 AM
    What is your file free memory? Done a battery pull lately? Menu/Options/Memory. What does Application memory "Free Space" say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 12:05 PM
    File free memory: 34237629 Bytes

I pulled the battery about a week before that incident. I did it again after it. Since then, I received had an incident with a voice mail alert, but no missed call.

Most of the time it works just fine. But these random problems are becoming more noticeable.
    11-17-10 12:09 PM
    On the being called issue and the phone not ringing on your end: I see this plenty
    with CDMA. When I used to be on Verizon I used to get the complaint a lot that I
    wouldn't answer my phone calls. Sometimes it will actually ring for the caller but
    somehow the call isn't received on my end. My father's wife was telling this to him
    too the other day. He uses Sprint and he's been having this happen a lot ever
    since he's had Sprint.
    11-17-10 12:47 PM
    Looks like you have plenty of memory left. Loaded any new apps prior to this happening?

11-17-10 03:05 PM
    Nothing at all. I only have minimal apps to begin with.

It is like it is taking naps every now and then.
    11-17-10 05:30 PM
    I have a 8330 with Sprint and early on had similar problems. I re provisioned the phone and they all went away. Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Menu/Start Provisioning. This will not remove any data or personal information. Let me know how it does.

11-17-10 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD