New to BB tech. Unlocked Tmo 8320 with ATT service. Installed desktop software included - restarted device and pc - BB does not connect to anything. MediaSync...."BB M.S. failed to connect to device". Desktop Mgr...."the BB desktop software does not have BB device software for the device you have connected to the pc". WTF

Also tried connecting to airport wifi today with no success. I can pick up the network - but again - the device won't fully connect.

OS is .81 for now til I can get these issues resolved. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    05-24-09 03:49 PM
    If you installed BlackBerry Destop Tools from the CD, the first thing it will do is look for an update. You can bypass that step by downloading the current software directly from BlackBerry Support.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

This software installs the correct USB drivers. Verify you have a good connection then do a Backup for testing purposes.

The next step will be a network connection.

05-24-09 04:39 PM
    went through the link - modem/drivers package. turned out to be the entire 4.7 desktop software?? now the desktop manager has disappeared after restart. i'm fu**ing lost with this stuff! media sync still did not recognize my device was connected. i'll try once again...
    05-25-09 12:16 AM
    Uninstall 4.7DM. Go back and get 4.6 with out media manager. Save it somewhere on your pc. When the download is done it asks you if you want to run it. Say no then navigate to where you saved it and right click then select run as admin if your using vista. If xp just run it. As long as you have a media card installed in your device you don't need media sync. Go to options/media card and enable mass storage mode. Now it will show up in my computer as a flash drive. Drag and drop the files accordingly.
    Your wifi you may have to check settings to make sure its set as wifi prefered. We can go deeper in that later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD