I really hate to repost this but I don't seem to be getting reponse or help. So Sorry ahead of time..

Ok here is my poblem I have the Curve 8310 I had the OS 4.2 I upgraded to the OS 4.5 , I also downloaded the bold theme and the hearts and wood theme along with a few apps such as coin toss, bblight and maybe one or two others.I started having problems my phone gets alot of static all of the sudden also just SHUTS ALL THE WAY OFF in the middle of a phone call. To turn it back on I have to take that battery all of the way out and put it back in sometimes the phone doesnt even make it back to start up all the way before it shuts off again. I downgraded back to 4.2 OS and its still doing this to me. What do I do??? I would just get a new bb from ATT but they aren't having any good deals I can afford right now in my area. Please help I want to throw my phone at the wall!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-14-09 12:54 PM
    Doesn't sound like a software issue, so a replacement might be your best deal. I'd call ATT and explain all this and see if they might be able to work out some kind of a deal on another phone, especially if you're "at risk of changing carriers"
    04-14-09 01:01 PM
    Hehehe I am on a family plan do you think I could still say that I personaly am going to change?
    04-14-09 01:04 PM
    Each line on a family plan is still a contract, so yeah it's worth a shot. They see it the same as it being it's own single line account.
    04-14-09 01:06 PM
    Yeah, if you call ATT and explain that your phone "randomly" stopped working properly, they should send you a box with a refurbished phone and a box to send yours back to them....
    04-14-09 01:06 PM
    The technical issue approach will work also if you have insurance, but may take a little longer. They may have you take the phone to a local store to get "serviced", which often times means little more than they hard reset it back to factory. Once that's done, call back complaining of same issue to set up replacement if needed.
    04-14-09 02:35 PM
    It COULD be a misbehaving app or theme too. You could try backing up, then do a clean wipe with JLcmndr or Crackmem, reload the OS, and then use it for a couple days with now themes then slowly add them back, seeing which one is (or may be) causing the problem. Or as other suggest it COULD be the device.
    04-14-09 02:41 PM
    even if your phone is part of a family plan you still pay a data fee on top of the line. They will definitely want to keep you around.

BY THE WAY, you could always upgrade your phone by buying a slighlty used one from Crackberry's Marketplace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 02:44 PM
    To emphasize pkcable's point, if you do the reload and reinstall make sure to check it out one program by one to find the issue, if it is the cause.

Worst case scenario, kick it. Worked for my old Playstation lol
    04-14-09 02:55 PM
    i bought my phone over a year ago from someone else so they arent gonna send me a new one. i have never had problems tell now tho
    04-14-09 03:24 PM
    Funny, I bought my 8330 from someone on craigslist. He showed me it worked. I got it home and started adding my emails to it and learning what it does. an hour later, it shut off. It was a problem from the start...similar to what you're saying.

I went to vz store and they took out my battery and said it was no good. Went to another store...ATT, they said it was my battery but was water damage, and that my phone was probably no good as well.

I said screw it, and bought a battery anyway.

After a full charge, ive never had a problem again.

Have you ever replaced the battery in the past year? Is it possible the battery is water damaged? Can you get another fully charged battery to see if it still has that problem.

Just that it sounds almost identical to the problem i had when i bought mine.
    04-14-09 03:35 PM
    how do i get to the market place, how do i wipe the phone, when i do a back up will that save all my numbers, what do i do to save them all?
    04-14-09 03:35 PM
    my bf had a bb so i will try his battery out and see what happens, thanks!
    04-14-09 03:37 PM
    ya i got my phn from craigslist too! been a great phone since now
    04-14-09 03:38 PM
    The wipe walk thru is in the crackberry 101 tutorials. Backing up is just a sync with the desktop software.

I'd be cautious trying a different BB battery in that phone. At least make sure the voltage, current, etc match so you don't burn it up. If need be, just plug it into the wall to do the backups.
    04-14-09 03:39 PM
    The wipe walk thru is in the crackberry 101 tutorials. Backing up is just a sync with the desktop software.

I'd be cautious trying a different BB battery in that phone. At least make sure the voltage, current, etc match so you don't burn it up. If need be, just plug it into the wall to do the backups.
    I've been having the same issue, but I haven't installed any new software or themes. I've put new stuff on the flash card that I use for media, but that shouldn't have any effect.

I attributed my failures to heat, but it just happened in my office which has AC. I've got a new battery on the way to rule that one out. I can find a lot of people with this problem, but no clear solution to the problem.
    07-22-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD