Hi All

I recently bought a 8310 which is a refurb. I thought it was debranded but it isn't, its just unlocked. It was originally a Vodafone and the logo displays on start up etc. However I'm on orange UK and use an orange PAYG* sim. So I don't know if this is anything to do with the problems I'm having?

I can refresh the GPS and it will find my location ok. But on BB maps all I get is a green secreen with black diaganol lines. I get no actual map image? So thinking this may be a subscription deal I downloaded the Google mobile maps.

Sadly these don't work at all? It either causes my phone to freeze and I need to power off/on to get the phone to work again or it just does nothing at all. It doesn't even open anything? I've re-downloaded 3 times now but still to no avail?

Does anyone know why I cant get any sort of mapping on my phone? Is it because I'm on PAYG? Do I need some sort of data tariff and not PAYG? Are BB and gmm maps subscription?

Many thanks.

* PAYG = Pay As You Go and not a contract.
    03-18-08 05:09 AM
    Yes you need a data plan in order for it to work. Wifi won't even let you access the maps as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD