Just hoping that you experts could help me decide on which BB and provider to go with.

I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years, and although they cripple some features, I have been happy with the service.

I have to get a BB for work and am contemplating getting the new Worldphone 8830. I wont be doing much international travel, but figured it is the most current model available from Verizon.

Does ATT and the Curve provide anything over the top to make me consider it and switch providers?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
    12-17-07 09:36 PM
    Well, the Curve comes with spacing between the keys, a more compact form, and a camera.
    12-17-07 10:03 PM
    Hmmm I love my pearl but for the devices your considering I would go with the curve, the keyboard is waaay better than the 8800 series and its just so damn purty lol but I'm not sure switching is worth it I've heard that AT&T service sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-07 11:21 PM
    What you have to take into consideration as well is who offers better coverage in the areas you'll be working...I just got the 8310 and have previously used an 8800 which is pretty similar to the 8830 and didn't have any problems with it. It all depends on coverage, I came from Verizon to AT&T, and have had no problems with service and their customer service has been excellent. I'd say the Curve has a better keyboard, and a camera but if those things don't matter go with the 8830 if VZW has been good to ya. good luck. keep us posted.
    12-17-07 11:53 PM
    If you were going to swith, the curve on T-mobile would be the better option over At&t. Personally, the 8830 is nice and you get EV-DO data on verizon, I would go for that.

12-17-07 11:53 PM
    If you were going to swith, the curve on T-mobile would be the better option over At&t. Personally, the 8830 is nice and you get EV-DO data on verizon, I would go for that.

I would think coverage would come into play, here... I've read some horror stories with TMo, in California. I'm on TMo, in Houston and it's great... However I can't comment on the op's coverage, for that carrier.
    12-18-07 12:01 AM
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I am really happy with the coverage of Verizon in my area and sales territory, which ranges from Boston to Delaware.

Some co-workers have had issues with T-Mobile and AT&T.

I agree with what most of you are saying and I should put highest priority on the coverage.

I will probably stick with Verizon and get the 8830. That way I can also keep my same # that I have had for the last 10 years.

Thanks again and I will officially be joining the club on Wednesday.

Have a happy holiday!!
    Joe
    12-18-07 08:34 AM
    Welcome Joe, and never forget that magic moment of wonderment when the first email is pushed to your device without you having to do anything.
    12-18-07 08:38 AM
    I'm in New York City, where Verizon reportedly has the best coverage and T-Mobile is the worst. By my school, my classmates have to walk outside the building to get a signal on their T-Mobile phones.
    12-21-07 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD