Hi,
    I changed out my trackball on an 8300 curve due to unreasonable pressure to select things. The new trackball is no better. I mean you really have to push hard, like hurt your thumb hard.
    Is this fixable? v4.2.2.89

Thanks,

Mark
    09-14-09 05:05 PM
    I dnt think is a trackball problem, it might be the button underneath the trackball inside the phone...
    09-14-09 05:15 PM
    Use the Enter key when you can, especially if you have to mash the trackball down as hard as you describe.

You might try ordering this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...le-now-300038/

But this is just the copper spring above the actual microswitch. If your switch itself is bad, these won't help.
    09-14-09 05:40 PM
    many people in know who had this phone had the same problem.....maybe factory defect?
    09-16-09 04:36 PM
    Had this exact same problem... and now my trackball doesn't click at all! Hopefully buying this sticker will fix my problem!
    10-10-09 02:37 PM
    Had this happen on my 8120 when my Curve broke. I got stuck using a pearl so I was already upset, I then was stuck with a broken trackball so now I was super pissed. I bought the dome covers and replaced it once and has worked great sense. I don't use the pearl anymore since I sold it to an old friend but I have yet to ever hear any thing bad about it from him. Those dome stickers work wonders.
    10-10-09 03:48 PM
    Hey, My Blackberry 8330 trackball started to be really hard to push, so much so as to it hurt my thumb and text messaging was awful. Today, I was really frustrated and took the trackball out. I folded up a tiny piece of paper and placed it under the trackball. Now it works perfect.. even better than before. I am sure your phone company would suggest against this temporary fix, but when times are hard, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. lol
    05-10-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD