Hello,
    I'm trying to assist someone in getting their browser icon on the blackberry 8300 curve. I see there are multiple threads about this, including a great one by kasper, who seems like a pretty inteligent guy, so I'm sure this has been covered, but I have been unable to find any mention of this in any thread.

The 8300 in question is an AT&T device, unlocked, and in use on T-Mobile's network. For liability reasons, I won't be able to assist the person with the o2 upgrade, and she is very computer iliterate. I am trying to see if anyone has tried simply creating a backup of a blackberry 8700 or 8100 or even an 8800 and then, deleting the service books off of the 8300, restoring *just* the service books from the backup to the 8300. I know this works fine for getting a browser icon from the 8100 to the 8700 and vice-versa, but as I don't physically have access to the 8300, I am unable to test this. I was hoping that someone out there would be able to test this, or if they have tested this, then let me know how it went.

I greatly appreciate this, I'm trying desperatly to go out of my way to help this person, but have been trying things, including activating her for BES service (unfortunatly she doesn't have an actual BES account, I mearly activated her for BES service), for over a week to get this icon on there. On top of this, she doesn't have signal in the location where she has a phone I can call her on, and she doesn't have access to a pc except in pre-planned situations (she's a mac user).

I appreciate any help on this subject, and do appologize in advance if this was already refrenced in a thread I did not see.

Thank you so much,
    Johnny Bravo
    08-11-07 11:09 PM
    I tried that and it did not work for mine.
    08-11-07 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD