Hi My hubby got me a brand new BB Flip 8220 for Valentine's Day. We have unlimited minutes, texts but don't have a data plan but I've been able to use the internet (I guess wifi?) at home with our wifi and pretty much anywhere, even when we're out and about and he's driving, I can get online. If switch between tzones and hotspot makes no diff, I still get online with no problem and I haven't seen any extra charges on my bill. I wasn't able to use the google mobile app before but recently I updated my software thru DM and now i'm able to access Facebook and the google mobile apps from the icons in my phone. I especially love the google maps, with the GPS thingie.
    I got the hubby a used (like new) 8120 for Father's Day, it works great and he's very happy with it. He can use the internet at home perfectly fine through our wifi, but he's not able to get online just anywhere the way I do. He gets an error message saying his wifi connection isn't active or something like that. I updated his software and also downloaded the google mobile app for him to use but when we try to use it, we get an error msg saying something about a data plan or saying there's not an internet connection. Same thing for his facebook app.
    Can anyone tell me or direct me to another thread where I may be able to find a solution?

One more thing, if we want to share photos/videos, can we do that via bluetooth? And if so, how? Thanks a bunch and good night...
    07-03-09 12:28 AM
    One more thing, if we want to share photos/videos, can we do that via bluetooth? And if so, how? Thanks a bunch and good night...
    Not sure about the WiFi issue... I think I've experienced a similar issue. I can get it to work at home but then I tried it at my brother's place and it won't accept the connection.

For Bluetooth sharing, obviously make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
    In the Media app, select the file you want to share and click the menu button... look for the options "Send using Bluetooth" and "Receive using Bluetooth". I'll let you figure out who picks what.
    07-03-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD