Well, i read some of the similiar posts in regards to the title of my inquiry. So here goes my situation. My wife has a BB 8120, which is in pristine state. Well, it was until she got ticked off and threw the 8120 acroos the room, hitting the wall. No external damage noted, however the screen will not power up, just the LED blinking red in double bursts. At first i thought it could be the LCD, but when pushing the keys, no sound, tried calling the number, phone does not ring, seems completely dead. I tried hooking up to Desk top manager hoping to reload software, but PIN is not recognized. What could be the problem? it would be a shame to have to dump this phone, on the outside, it is perfect. please let me know what ya'll think. Thank you in advance : )
    04-07-10 06:32 PM
    Did you try a battery pull reboot? If that doesn't help, try the "How to recover a dead blackberry" procedure from the How to and FAQ, or the BlackBerry 101. If that doesn't help; write it off.
    04-07-10 06:39 PM
    Sounds hardware to me, something could have come disconnected on the board or who knows what. Also, no more nice phones for her.
    04-07-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD