That,s incredible if its true so i appreciate you for this achievement now i can't became relax with out to see you in record competition i really wait for it.Best of luck
    04-15-09 04:38 AM
    Impressive...I can barely type 20 wpm and even some of them are typos.
    04-15-09 05:25 AM
    Very, very impressed I'm a keyboard touch typist and not too shabby on the BB for a n00b as a result, but that's way better than I can manage.
    04-15-09 05:30 AM
    Awesome stuff...Mark I read your FAQ as well...it's amazing how far technology has come but how much more potential it has. Great video!
    Last edited by irishcarpenter; 04-15-09 at 03:14 PM.
    04-15-09 03:09 PM
    That's incredible. And I also found it very interesting that you don't know sign language. Cool website.

ETA: Reading the rest of your site now... I couldn't stop once I started in on the Hearing FAQ, lol. Amazing how technology changes. These days people can go a long time without ever hearing good friends' voices with text messaging, emailing, IMing, Facebook, etc.
    Last edited by zazzified; 04-15-09 at 03:22 PM.
    04-15-09 03:16 PM
    Do they have an application similar for free? Im not really up for buying it.... My typing speed has got to be as faster or faster than yours. Im a crazy typer.
    04-15-09 04:07 PM
    very impressive. I can't even type that fast on my pc.
    04-15-09 04:22 PM
    I want to see him do that on a Storm, then I'll REALLY be impressed.
    Yeah, you and me both lol
    04-15-09 05:36 PM
    I applied to Guiness Book of World Records to see if I could apply for the record.

I got a response back from them. Apparently, Guiness only allows texting world records to be made for one-thumb thumb typing, which is kind of archaic in the modern age of QWERTY cellphones (including iPhone's touchscreen keyboards too, which is designed to be typed on by two thumbs.

If Guiness even records obscure records such as "Lowest rated superhero video game" (Guiness Book Gamer's Edition 2009), they ought to have some room for a new record category "World's fastest two-thumb typing"! I tried to apply for a new record category to be created, but they declined the application.

So... Guiness denied the record category -- meaning nobody in the world can apply for world's fastest two-thumb thumb typing, it has to be one-thumb.

Just a heads up to any others considering of applying (for any smartphone, not just BlackBerry). Some big pull (RIM) is needed to convince them that this is a viable new record category, with the recent explosion of QWERTY smartphones. If one of you manage to convince Guiness otherwise, please let me know -- I'm easily googled.
    06-01-09 06:58 PM
    Thats awesome man! Sucks that Guiness wont do this. Hopefully RIM will get involved sometime.
    06-01-09 07:16 PM
    sweet just saw you youtube video > that was fast .Boy Genius of bgr was on twitter the other week claiming he was typing 122 wpm LOL i dont believe that LOL and no proof , keep inquiring at quiness they may give in
    06-01-09 08:23 PM
    It's OK to be all thumbs on a Blackberry!

WTG!
    06-01-09 09:15 PM
    Wow...I can type 7.5 wpm...LOL..Nice Job!

JC
    06-01-09 09:44 PM
    decently admirable
    06-01-09 10:15 PM
    YouTube video of me doing 75 words per minute

That includes several corrections. With some practice, I should be able to exceed 80 words per minute. We need get RIM to sponsor a group of us for a speed thumbtyping competition sometime in the month of June, and have Guiness Book of World Records there. I have submitted an application to Guiness about a June 17th record attempt in Ottawa in front of A-Channel, but I'm open to other ideas such as going to Waterloo if RIM steps up to the homeplate.

How about it, RIM? Sponsor a competition. Invite me too. The world record should belong to BlackBerry users.
    Perhaps a charity, payable to a deaf charity such as National Association of Deaf or Canadian Hearing Society, as I am hearing impaired?

Guiness has speed records for other phones such as TREO and Nokia devices, but BlackBerry needs to be in that Book *instead*. Don't you agree, even if it means somebody else other than me?

I will be a happy participant of such a competition.

YOU ROCK!

Keep it kicking man..

I hope you get that world record rofl...

thats fast as heck...

On a qwerty device I get like 55-60...

75 holy smokes!

nice job!
    06-01-09 11:42 PM
    sweet just saw you youtube video > that was fast .Boy Genius of bgr was on twitter the other week claiming he was typing 122 wpm LOL i dont believe that LOL and no proof , keep inquiring at quiness they may give in

hmmmm...

ahhhaha
    theres no way hes at 125..

like realistically there isn't all that many people on a PC who type 125 wpm...
    06-01-09 11:43 PM
    that's crazy
    06-02-09 12:07 AM
    That was very impressive. I downloaded the app and got 41.75 wpm....
    06-02-09 01:23 AM
    YouTube video of me doing 75 words per minute

That includes several corrections. With some practice, I should be able to exceed 80 words per minute. We need get RIM to sponsor a group of us for a speed thumbtyping competition sometime in the month of June, and have Guiness Book of World Records there. I have submitted an application to Guiness about a June 17th record attempt in Ottawa in front of A-Channel, but I'm open to other ideas such as going to Waterloo if RIM steps up to the homeplate.

How about it, RIM? Sponsor a competition. Invite me too. The world record should belong to BlackBerry users.
    Perhaps a charity, payable to a deaf charity such as National Association of Deaf or Canadian Hearing Society, as I am hearing impaired?

Guiness has speed records for other phones such as TREO and Nokia devices, but BlackBerry needs to be in that Book *instead*. Don't you agree, even if it means somebody else other than me?

I will be a happy participant of such a competition.
    im gonna say "wooooooooow" to that video, i thought i typed fast! i gotta step my game up!
    06-02-09 07:15 AM
    All I can say is...DAMN!!!
    06-02-09 07:25 AM
    wow... I will never be able to text like that lol. That was very impressive =]
    06-02-09 10:31 AM
    Jeez! The stopwatch on his Pearl flip was already at 12.5 seconds when he started, so I bet he actually types more like 85 wpm.

Thats....just.....crazy.
    06-02-09 12:54 PM
    Jezzzz.... I type that on a computer keyboard but I have to use FIVE fingers on each hand..... that's amaizing for thumbs!!!!
    06-02-09 01:54 PM
    That is CRAZY fast! I can only get 31 wpm.
    06-02-09 09:56 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD