YouTube video of me doing 75 words per minute

That includes several corrections. With some practice, I should be able to exceed 80 words per minute. We need get RIM to sponsor a group of us for a speed thumbtyping competition sometime in the month of June, and have Guiness Book of World Records there. I have submitted an application to Guiness about a June 17th record attempt in Ottawa in front of A-Channel, but I'm open to other ideas such as going to Waterloo if RIM steps up to the homeplate.

How about it, RIM? Sponsor a competition. Invite me too. The world record should belong to BlackBerry users.
    Perhaps a charity, payable to a deaf charity such as National Association of Deaf or Canadian Hearing Society, as I am hearing impaired?

Guiness has speed records for other phones such as TREO and Nokia devices, but BlackBerry needs to be in that Book *instead*. Don't you agree, even if it means somebody else other than me?

I will be a happy participant of such a competition.
    Last edited by mdrejhon; 04-14-09 at 01:07 PM.
    04-14-09 11:37 AM
    I gotta admit, that's pretty doggone fast, definitely a lot faster than my typing speed.

I agree that it should be a category, if the others have it, so should we.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 11:56 AM
    It's actually a general smartphone category, however. But one of us definitely need to get BlackBerry into the Book *this year* instead of those other silly smartphones that don't hold a candle to the CrackBerry. It's a marketing opportunity for RIM, so why not sponsor a group of us...
    04-14-09 12:00 PM
    wow that is amazing. you should contact BB about that. You might win.
    04-14-09 12:02 PM
    That sounds like something I'd like to participate in. I'm going to see how fast I type, I doubt I'm close to 80 wps though, maybe more like 40 wpm. But we shall see!

04-14-09 12:15 PM
    I already have. But RIM is a big company, and it takes time before my message reaches the right person. Google my name and I'm easily contacted this way, or contact me through PM's.

I have seen some fiercely fast Apple iPhone typists, but not as fast as the fastest BlackBerry typists (including me). I'd like RIM to beat Apple to The Book this year. I don't think RIM wants Apple try to steal this smartphone category this year. Sponsor a competition. I'm there.
    04-14-09 12:15 PM
    Oh my goodness. That was incredible.
    04-14-09 01:22 PM
    very impressive i do hope RIM gets behind this and it would be cool to see it go to a charity. i just tried to see what the iphone competiton was liek on you tube and there is nothing there one vid which claims to be the official speed typing the kid got out like a sentence in almost 30 seconds. no where near as fast as you. i was hoping to see some wicked touchscreen speed.
    04-14-09 01:33 PM
    Wow that's some super fast typing! I can type that fast on a regular keyboard but no where close on my BB.
    04-14-09 02:19 PM
    That's awesome.
    04-14-09 02:21 PM
    I want to see him do that on a Storm, then I'll REALLY be impressed.
    04-14-09 02:22 PM
    Im pretty fast but thats amazing. the fastest I have every gotten on the storm was about 25 words a min before the phone cant keep up. The phone I am using now I could more then likely get up to about 55
    04-14-09 02:28 PM
    That was definitely very impressive! I think I was up to 120wpm on my PC, but that was back in the days when I wrote code for 8+ hours a day. I'm probably down to 80wpm now (on PC).

I haven't done the speed typing test on my BB, but I doubt I could be anywhere close to that.
    04-14-09 02:40 PM
    I think I type pretty fast on my curve, where can I get that application to check? If Im speedy enough, Id join you!

By the way, nice work!
    04-14-09 02:45 PM
    Hey Mdrejhon, I went to your site in the video. I really appreciated the hearing FAQ. Awesome work.

You seem like a special guy!
    04-14-09 02:55 PM
    Waoooooooooo

Yes, very impressive!!!

Muy bien!!!

Bekhair, alhamdu lellah
    04-14-09 02:56 PM
    where can you get that program? i'd like to check my typing speed

good job to that guy btw....that is what makes the BB so great....he can do what he would normally do on a normal pc..but in his hand...everywhere...smooth
    04-14-09 03:02 PM
    I'm really impressed! good job!

I find it impressive too because in my experience, I don't like the Bold's keyboard much...it feels mushy and I don't type as well on it as I do with my 8900. So good job!
    04-14-09 03:23 PM
    TyperSpeed, available on CrackBerry's application store for 2.99 ....

I've also asked him to add the standard 160-character Guiness speedtexting phrase (razor-toothed piranhas of Serrasalmus...) required for record attempts...
    04-14-09 06:13 PM
    That was very neat. I sure wish I could shoot out texts and emails that fast on my BB. I'm pretty fast on a normal computer keyboard, but nowhere near that speed when texting. Nice work!
    04-14-09 06:54 PM
    That was frikkin SICK! Awesome!

Gonna have to try that..... with SureType on the Storm...yeah right!

Seriously, man, that's insane. props!
    04-14-09 10:53 PM
    wow thats incredible
    04-14-09 11:05 PM
    Very Nice!
    04-15-09 01:24 AM
    Dude, that is sick!

Guess I gotta start practicing
    04-15-09 02:48 AM
    That was very impressive!!!

04-15-09 03:29 AM