Reading a lot of posts about screen resolution. Are you kidding me? 50 inches great quality TV with 1080p and you called that FULLHD. 5 inches screen with 720p and you called it "low res"?!?!? What is wrong with you? If you are really telling me you notice a difference it means you can go no more to the cinema or watch television or youtube videos on your pc! Come on!

Posted via CB10
    togarika, mrzeolite and Stewartj1 like this.
    10-31-13 06:18 PM
    you cant compare TV or PC monitors with a phone screen.
    10-31-13 06:32 PM
    Well it's considered low res compared to other devices out there. That doesn't mean it is bad, just lower than other stuff.

Just like how a car that can reach 160 MPH is not slow unless you compare it to something that can go 200.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer and huckleberry_Jer like this.
    10-31-13 06:32 PM
    What I mean is that you cannot blame a phone,little screen,to be JUST 720p. If you do so,I repeat,you should stop watching at your pc screen cause a 1080p on a 15,20 inches display should s u c k according to what you are supporting. For what (example) a car is concerned: it makes no sense to want a car that can reach 800 km/hour (airplane speed). Even if Bugatti produced one(just an example).1080p it just makes no sense on a phone because if you were human you cannot see so many details on such a small screen. It makes sense to speak about screen quality or if it suits better for you a led one or a lcd one.. I know that for lack of ideas the big companies are pushing on those things. It is called marketing I think. BlackBerry probably does not know what I am talking about. But we are So please stop complaining about 1080p: that's what I am saying :-P IMHO of course...

Posted via CB10
    kidmac13, togarika and jafrul like this.
    10-31-13 06:57 PM
    Reading a lot of posts about screen resolution. Are you kidding me? 50 inches great quality TV with 1080p and you called that FULLHD. 5 inches screen with 720p and you called it "low res"?!?!? What is wrong with you? If you are really telling me you notice a difference it means you can go no more to the cinema or watch television or youtube videos on your pc! Come on!

Posted via CB10
    Try watching TV from 10 inches away?
    10-31-13 08:06 PM
    hey buddy, take it up with consumer affairs because the purchasing pubic has already made it clear what they want
    dracolnyte and dracolnyte like this.
    10-31-13 08:19 PM
    Oh God d@mn it not this again. That is the worst comparison. You can't...you just can't. It's all about perspective.

You use your phone a few inches from your face. You watch a TV probably a dozen feet from your face. Why do you think Apple has different "standards" for their Retina display for the iPhone, iPad, and MacBooks? Because you use all of them at different lengths away from your face.

A 32" 720p TV might look great 15 feet away, but get closer. 720p in a 5" phone from a foot or more away might look good but get closer. At a normal viewing distance of maybe 6 inches it won't look so great. Compare it side by side with any 5" 1080p display and you will be able to see a pixel difference. Now can we please stop trying to make the TV argument? There's no logic

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    10-31-13 08:20 PM
    Oh God d@mn it not this again. That is the worst comparison. You can't...you just can't. It's all about perspective.

You use your phone a few inches from your face. You watch a TV probably a dozen feet from your face. Why do you think Apple has different "standards" for their Retina display for the iPhone, iPad, and MacBooks? Because you use all of them at different lengths away from your face.

A 32" 720p TV might look great 15 feet away, but get closer. 720p in a 5" phone from a foot or more away might look good but get closer. At a normal viewing distance of maybe 6 inches it won't look so great. Compare it side by side with any 5" 1080p display and you will be able to see a pixel difference. Now can we please stop trying to make the TV argument? There's no logic

I don't think I've ever had my phone a few inches from my face lol. I usually have it a couple feet away.. kinda like my pc monitor which has a much lower ppi than my z30

Posted from my Z30
    10-31-13 11:27 PM

6 inches isn't usable either. On average, my eyes are 14" from screen. 12-24" usually. 6 is not 'normal viewing distance'.

Most differences between 720p and 1080p screens in quality is from different technology, not resolution. Compare a 50" plasma and a 50" LCD, and plasma will kill LCD. I might even say a 720p plasma is better than 1080p LCD in some cases. On my Z10, you cannot see an individual pixel, so comparing to 1080p for pixel is no good either. Should be talking sharpness, not 'good', at REAL viewing distances.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:50 PM
    I don't think I've ever had my phone a few inches from my face lol. I usually have it a couple feet away.. kinda like my pc monitor which has a much lower ppi than my z30

Posted from my Z30
    That's what I'm saying. But,nobody is complaining about pc screen resolution.. And,as stated by somebody else, it is the quality that makes the difference,not the amount of pixels!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:50 AM
    hey buddy, take it up with consumer affairs because the purchasing pubic has already made it clear what they want
    I'm pretty sure you meant 'purchasing PUBLIC'.
    Lol... JK.

On topic,
    come on guys...
    This and spec wars has been ongoing for years now.
    Just buy what suits your eyes and budget.
    Any phones as long as it doesn't strain your eyes should be good.
    11-01-13 06:03 AM
    I just LOL and go along on my way. The same people will believe every word of the UltraHD marketing and go out and get them.

Some people just have a need to be lied to, I'm convinced.
    11-01-13 06:07 AM
    I just LOL and go along on my way. The same people will believe every word of the UltraHD marketing and go out and get them.

This!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:50 AM

There's nothing wrong with having a good screen. But you just brought up a huge point which is a huge problem. You're right... other companies produce "bigger and better" products which includes 1080p screens. And yet BlackBerry produces one with a 720p screen, not to mention an aged dual core processor and a crummy camera. So why would people buy the Z30 when people are geared to buy phones with a 1080p screen? Very poor decision from BlackBerry on multiple levels.
    11-01-13 10:19 AM
    6 inches isn't usable either. On average, my eyes are 14" from screen. 12-24" usually. 6 is not 'normal viewing distance'.

Most differences between 720p and 1080p screens in quality is from different technology, not resolution. Compare a 50" plasma and a 50" LCD, and plasma will kill LCD. I might even say a 720p plasma is better than 1080p LCD in some cases. On my Z10, you cannot see an individual pixel, so comparing to 1080p for pixel is no good either. Should be talking sharpness, not 'good', at REAL viewing distances.

Posted via CB10
    24" is too far. Not realistic. 8" or so is realistic. You've never read any articles on your phone or gotten up close? Do an experiment. Take out a Bold 9900/9930 and look at the screen. It has about the same PPI. You can see pixels. You will be able to see pixels on a Z30 except it might look more exaggerated with the larger screen and larger icons.

Also, with TVs, we are talking about the resolution. Plasma vs LCD mainly has to do with the way colors and all that are displayed, not the resolution or pixel count. And I don't think you would see many pixels on the Z10 either because it has a smaller screen than the Z30. Obviously that would mean a better pixel density.
    11-01-13 10:23 AM
    24" is too far. Not realistic. 8" or so is realistic. You've never read any articles on your phone or gotten up close? Do an experiment. Take out a Bold 9900/9930 and look at the screen. It has about the same PPI. You can see pixels. You will be able to see pixels on a Z30 except it might look more exaggerated with the larger screen and larger icons.

Also, with TVs, we are talking about the resolution. Plasma vs LCD mainly has to do with the way colors and all that are displayed, not the resolution or pixel count. And I don't think you would see many pixels on the Z10 either because it has a smaller screen than the Z30. Obviously that would mean a better pixel density.
    Actually, if you are reading anything less than around 12 inches, you are either damaging your eyesight or need glasses.
    Oscar_E likes this.
    11-01-13 10:51 AM
    720p is OFFICALLY HD. Just a bit lower then 1080p with much better battery life on the 720p. So right now 720p is a great. What is on my q10? 720? I dunno and dont care my screen looks amazing and I get compliments on it!!! OLED FTW!
    11-01-13 11:08 AM
    So what happens when I connect my phone to my TV using HDMI??

1080P is better, is it necessary... that is for the user to decide. But the simple fact is just having the words 1080P in the product description / or comparison specification sheet makes a device with 1080P more likely to sell.

Over and over some people here try to justify why BlackBerry skimped on one of the major components of their newest device. For once it would be really great if there was no reason to try and make these types of justifications. The whole it gets better battery life, or the key to performance is the software or you can't tell the difference... just sounds so hollow.
    11-01-13 11:35 AM
    Don't disagree but the OP is right - you can't tell the difference. It's all marketing. Apple continues to hype its "retina" display even though there are higher resolutions out there. It seems to work. All marketing BS.

Oh, and by the way, you may not be old enough to remember "the purchasing public" going out and buying pet rocks. They were all the rage for a while. Goes to show what can be sold to the "purchasing public" if it's marketed in a unique way. Like I said, BS, but it can work.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    11-01-13 11:37 AM
    Actually, if you are reading anything less than around 12 inches, you are either damaging your eyesight or need glasses.

So you're saying that you hold your phone at a full arms length at 2 feet when you use your phone? That's not practical. The sweet spot is around 8-10".

Saiga and Drew808 like this.
    11-01-13 11:53 AM
    Can we revisit this thread if/when BBRY gets 1080p? Should be fun.

LOL.
    11-01-13 11:56 AM

I am wondering if you still have a 480p TV at home or followed marketing and upgraded to a 720p TV
    alexwise likes this.
    11-01-13 11:57 AM

LOL.
    That will the Second Coming type of a situation and these same people will be so exhilarated and start singing odes to the new screen resolution.

I can't even imagine what the sentiments would be like on this site if the Z30 were the first to get a 4K screen. Oh my...
    ajst222, Tre Lawrence and Saiga like this.
    11-01-13 11:59 AM

LOL.

Thank you!!! If BlackBerry doesn't have it, we don't need it

11-01-13 12:07 PM
    The thread shoul be called "BB does not give us 1080p and even if there are tons of sheeps that said they need that I am happy without that"

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-01-13 12:39 PM
224 123 ...