bigger smartphone like the lg and the galaxy note (5.3 inch) a 7 inch tablet killer?
    i know im selling my playbook to buy a playbook 64gb 4 g when it comes out but wouldnt it be nice to have other options like to be able to make phone calls with your tablet?
    02-27-12 07:02 PM
    Maybe use it as a speakerphone or bluetooth but I sure ain't holding it up to my ear. Not sure I want to do that with the note either.
    stephaneldugas and jafobabe like this.
    02-27-12 07:09 PM
    Contrary to my thoughts last week, I would love to be able to make calls on my tablet, using it only as a speaker phone though. I still can't grasp holding it up to my ear though.

I find even the samsung galaxy s2 to big to hold up to my ear. Tried one for a week and was embarrassed everytime the damn thing rang.
    Last edited by up488; 02-27-12 at 07:19 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-27-12 07:10 PM
    This day and age, I'm not counting out any possibilities......I like the idea of a phone/tablet combo.......maybe the direction QNX is going in by implementing phone and tablet together.
    02-27-12 07:14 PM
    personally my nexus gets by for almost all on the mobile on the go computing i need. I have a transformer for more use at home, coffee shop or to take and watch movies at work or something. Its a personal decision as some prefer 2 devices on go so a smaller phone with PB works for them while other just dont mind the larger phone as the only device. Others always have a phone and an ipad even in a nice case or something. There is no right or wrong way to do it really.
    02-27-12 07:15 PM
    some people like me dont make long calls, its just a necessity like, calling roadside assistance or calling someone that im coming over. one gadget to make phone calls and to do the rest would be nice!
    one can only hope thats theres a qnx version of that combo tablet phone as i hate to see when theres a new android phone on the market and the app swiping is laggy on a quad core processor!
    Last edited by stephaneldugas; 02-27-12 at 07:21 PM.
    02-27-12 07:16 PM
    7" tablet phone is around the corner, of that I am sure of.
    02-27-12 07:30 PM
    7" tablet phone is around the corner, of that I am sure of.
    As long as it can be totally controlled with voice command. I would still prefer to have my phone and the PB.
    02-27-12 08:10 PM
    If I had not gotten the PB I think the Galaxy Note would have been my next phone.
    02-27-12 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD