View Poll Results: What Size of Tablet do you Prefer?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7"

45 83.33%
  • 10"

9 16.67%
    To start off please no Micheal Scott's in this post!

Ok so lets put this to rest. Now I will admit we might be biased since most of us have the playbook but whats your favorite size 10" or 7"?... with the rumors of the 10" playbook coming out this year which one would you choose!

For me its a no brainer the 7" is just to portable and nice to carry around since I am mobile most of the day! I have had a 10" tablet and will not get swayed back to the dark side!
    Last edited by shn; 02-09-12 at 11:53 PM.
    stevepar likes this.
    02-09-12 11:49 PM
    I'm with you. I need all the portablility I can get and the 7" suits me just fine. I think back to the days when I carried my laptop everywhere. Can't imagine that now.
    02-10-12 12:17 AM
    i got with 7, also didnt we have this poll before?
    02-10-12 12:29 AM
    i got with 7, also didnt we have this poll before?
    oh im really sorry I thought it would show when I put in the topic and looked for it but checking the site now yeah we did!... sorry bout that. http://crackberry.com/portability-ma...ver-10-version maybe they can delete this post to keep things clean.
    02-10-12 12:34 AM
    oh im really sorry I thought it would show when I put in the topic and looked for it but checking the site now yeah we did!... sorry bout that. http://crackberry.com/portability-ma...ver-10-version maybe they can delete this post to keep things clean.
    oh well....a year later we can see how people's thought have changed. Looking at that poll it looked like 60/40 for 7"....So far on this poll everone is saying 7".

Me, there have been a few times where 10" would have been nice, but for the most part, I like the portability of the 7" & there are way more times where 10" would have just not worked then times when it could have come in handy.
    02-10-12 01:16 AM
    This is a flawed poll.

This is a BB site. Of course the majority here will select 7". Most here have the PB or like RIM to know about the PB.

Same poll on an Apple fan forum will get the exact opposite results.
    02-10-12 02:57 AM
    I'd prefer something slightly bigger than 7" for comic reading (something like Vizio's 8") but out of these two, I'd go with 7
    02-10-12 06:10 AM
    I have a 10" tablet that I use all the time. My wife has a 7" tablet, so I get to compare them all the time. Personally, I love the size of the 10" screen, but it is on the heavy side. The size and weight of the 7" tablet is definitely a lot nicer for carrying around, although the screen is a little small for me (and that might be from me working with a 10" more than anything). I think the current Playbook size is a good size for portability.

The big thing I see as an issue with most tablets is the bezzle. The area around the screen is pretty big (especially on the Playbook). I know the Playbook depends on edge gestures, but I think they could bump up the screen size without increasing the case size quite easily, and still have room for gestures. Even if it turned into an 8" tablet, the extra screen size would definitely be worth it.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    02-10-12 08:02 AM
    i consider the ipad to be a little large, some lap tops are as small these days so for me it doesnt really fill a niche.
    The playbook fits that middle ground between phone and laptop quite nicely.
    02-10-12 08:18 AM
    I could see using a 10" like the ipad since it's so light and thin, but my 10" touchpad is a monster. Way too heavy and thick to use all the time. So, it's hard to say - I can see merits for both. I really like the idea of the Galaxy 8.9" Tab. That might just be the sweet spot for me. I've never seen one in person, so I'm just guessing, but my touchpad is ridiculously heavy for all day use. The 7" screens are great for using all day based on weight but I would prefer a playbook with 8.5" or something in the middle.
    02-10-12 08:21 AM
    well maybe you should just ask my wife....
    02-10-12 08:24 AM
    I like 7"
    02-10-12 08:27 AM
    I will go with the 7" also. My son's cruz is so much nicer to use than my daughter's ipads. A 10" tab is just to ackward for me to crab a hold of and work at tbe same time. I thought w/ my big hands it would be the other way around.
    02-10-12 08:29 AM
    I'll take both. Each is good for its purpose.
    02-10-12 08:32 AM
    10'' tablet is just not as portable as a 7'' one.
    02-10-12 08:36 AM
    This is a flawed poll.

This is a BB site. Of course the majority here will select 7". Most here have the PB or like RIM to know about the PB.

Same poll on an Apple fan forum will get the exact opposite results.
    I tend to agree.
    I suspect that if we preferred a 10" over a 7" (as our primary tablet priority) then that's what most of us would have bought and we wouldn't be hanging around the Playbook forum
    02-10-12 08:41 AM
    I agree the poll is flawed. I would prefer to have both, but I choose 10" until that is feasible. My phone's resolution is quite good for many tasks, and I like the bump in size to 10" when I do want the tablet.

If I had a BB with a 3" screen, I would have more occasion to want my tablet. In that case, I would probably prefer 7" so it could be with me more.
    02-10-12 11:41 AM
    A 10 inch playbook requires a higher resolution, especially with the Retina Display of iPad3. This really complicates things....
    02-10-12 11:46 AM
    The big thing I see as an issue with most tablets is the bezzle. The area around the screen is pretty big (especially on the Playbook). I know the Playbook depends on edge gestures, but I think they could bump up the screen size without increasing the case size quite easily, and still have room for gestures. Even if it turned into an 8" tablet, the extra screen size would definitely be worth it.
    I agree...keep the exterior size the same, but reduce the size of the bezel & increase the screen size
    02-10-12 12:44 PM
    I love my 9810 (previous 9800) and my Toshiba netbook, but I bought my wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas and it is absoultely astonishing! I will probably buy a Playbook down the road once the new OS, etc is on board, but I need a netbook more as it is mostly for business. imho, I think the Kindle is far superior to other tablets on the market. The HD is unbelievable and though it has some limited applications, overall it does everything an iPad does (for the most part) and for the money, it can't be beat--especially now that you can download android apps to it. Just my 2 cents.
    02-10-12 01:01 PM
    I love my 9810 (previous 9800) and my Toshiba netbook, but I bought my wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas and it is absoultely astonishing! I will probably buy a Playbook down the road once the new OS, etc is on board, but I need a netbook more as it is mostly for business. imho, I think the Kindle is far superior to other tablets on the market. The HD is unbelievable and though it has some limited applications, overall it does everything an iPad does (for the most part) and for the money, it can't be beat--especially now that you can download android apps to it. Just my 2 cents.
    Not even close. Kindle = T-Ball. iPad= MLB Allstars. If you've ever used one for more than web browsing, you'd understand. But to say the Fire does everything the iPad does, even adding in for the most part, is an out and out lie. REPENT.
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 02-10-12 at 04:03 PM.
    02-10-12 04:00 PM
    Duplicate post due to database error.
    02-10-12 04:01 PM
    To start off please no Micheal Scott's in this post!

Ok so lets put this to rest. Now I will admit we might be biased since most of us have the playbook but whats your favorite size 10" or 7"?... with the rumors of the 10" playbook coming out this year which one would you choose!

For me its a no brainer the 7" is just to portable and nice to carry around since I am mobile most of the day! I have had a 10" tablet and will not get swayed back to the dark side!
    Agreed ! My daughter has the Ipad and it's huge, she might as well be carrying around her laptop. I'll stick with my 9900 and my PB thanks.
    02-10-12 05:00 PM
    I always though that 7" screen is too small and bought myself a 10" android tablet. Now that I have 7" playbook - 10" is collecting dust. Never thought I'll like it that much.
    02-10-12 06:40 PM
    I tend to agree.
    I suspect that if we preferred a 10" over a 7" (as our primary tablet priority) then that's what most of us would have bought and we wouldn't be hanging around the Playbook forum
    Then what is the explanation for all the haters and naysayers that seem to dominate these forums?
    02-10-12 06:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD