Just updated leaked 7.1.267 onto 9900 and the mobile hotspot option now works with out upgrading to tether plan.

When I was on the 7.1.205 it would always say I need to contact customer care.

Now I just get a warning, notice that it will use alot of data.

just an FYI, hope it helps.
    02-24-12 05:46 PM
    Be careful how you use this feature because if you plan don't cover it, the charges will be steep. My Telus plan covers tethering so, I don't have that issue.
    02-24-12 05:48 PM
    Just updated leaked 7.1.267 onto 9900 and the mobile hotspot option now works with out upgrading to tether plan.

When I was on the 7.1.205 it would always say I need to contact customer care.

Now I just get a warning, notice that it will use alot of data.

just an FYI, hope it helps.
    To clarify, hotspot usage will most likely show up as "pay per use" data as it seems to default to the same APNs (Access Point Name) as that used for tethering. If tethering isn't included in your plan (you imply that it isn't) you may incur some huge charges as most carriers will charge several dollars / Megabyte. Please check you online usage with AT&T to be sure. Also, if you have a chance, could you report back what you find, as I'm sure that there are a lot of people on this forum that haven't been moved over to a tiered plan from their grandfathered unlimited use plan.

By the way, there's an interesting article on that subject over here at DSLreports.com: Study: AT&T Throttling of Unlimited Makes No Practical Sense - Confirms Carrier is Simply Pushing Those Users to Tiered Plans | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

....I guess there's no such thing as a free ride anymore.....
    02-24-12 09:06 PM
    which carrier are you using?
    02-24-12 10:58 PM
    Ok. Soo you say you are doing this .. But how exactly can I tether my BB 9900 to my ipod touch without paying for a tethering plan with Tmobile?
    03-04-12 10:02 AM
    can you post a pic of your APN settings please?

also, you say its on 7.1.0.267?

i have at&t and am being restricted
    03-05-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD