I'm about to deploy for six months. My Blackberry really has no use due to the fact that I'll be on water and overseas. What should I do with it? I love it so much; it pains me to see it in my locker.
    12-18-10 10:53 PM
    First of all, thank you very much for your military service.

Now, on to your question.....just keep it around...load OS6 on it, so it can have a decent web browser for surfing the web over Wi-fi..will you still keep your BIS plan active to keep in touch with people via BBM?
    12-18-10 11:19 PM
    Thank you for your service.
    12-19-10 01:58 AM
    Damn I can't go a couple hours without my bb I can't imagine 6 months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 02:27 AM
    First and foremost, thank you for giving up so much to protect this great country of ours. Second, I would sell your device. By the time you come back, you can reward yourself with the next greatest model.
    12-19-10 09:58 AM
    You can call your carrier and suspend your payments for that time if you don't plan to use it, no need to pay for what you won't use. Well, Sprint at least does this.
    Thanks for your service
    12-19-10 02:33 PM
    Thank you for your service.

If you plan on keeping it for when you return, charge the battery to about 1/2 to 3/4, then remove it, and keep it somewhere dry. This will avoid damage to the battery or device. Back it up before this extended downtime however. Otherwise, sell it, and buy some stamps.

Good luck, stay safe, remember to keep breathing.

Cheers
    12-19-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD