And? Lol!! But ironically, at least there is still one person in England that still knows that BB10 exists and its YOU!! Haha. Can you now see how absurd your statement is? Maybe your friends are in the dark about BB10's existence but please don't generalize. Most of my friends who reside in England own the new BB10s. So am I to conclude from my observation that BlackBerry is doing brisk business in England?

To each their own; my "Lil Z-darling (Z10)" rocks and I'm loving it more each day.
    Like I said.. deluded..

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:54 PM
    When should back to this thread on 1st April to continue this discussion
    09-03-13 03:23 PM
    Ok, I have a proposal,
    Since BB "will be dead in 6 months" why not adapt a positive attitude and enjoy it while it lasts instead of getting all grumpy... I said it before, I have no crystal ball, and I think most if any do not either...

...we will wait and see but honestly, as it is now, the BB10 phones are to many of us a bliss to have and we are enjoying. So please, let us spend the last 6 months of BB in joy and peace enjoying our phones.

Not pretending to enter fanboy status here, but I honestly think that this "6 months - episode 5" is too boring.
    Anyone wishing to post facts and inside information and document such statement would be welcome. Also anyone that is actually able to define and back up their "will be dead" statement would be surprisingly original (does it mean it will not exist, does it mean it will diversify or what exactly), especially if they back it up.

Beating the horse will not cut it any more for me at least... I think there is some more juice into BlackBerry, and a valuable one to that (to the contrary many tend to present a multi billon worth company like the deli in the corner that has to close due to rent being high and clientele too short...).

Sorry but it is getting past "ridiculous" when just a generalized "medium mumbo jumbo". If any SERIOUS analyst with real evidence has something to offer, I would be all ears.

Oh, have you heard? "BB will be dead in 6,2 months, 3 hours, 57 minutes and 3 seconds from this post's time" ... now I do not know what "dead" is exactly, but when "IT" happens I will be able to say, I told you so...

JEEEEEEZ!
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-03-13 04:23 PM
    Thats ok. Microsoft is going to by Nokia's phone division. As as much as I like Microsoft products, we see what they did (didnt more like it) with Skype. So does Microsoft really have a clue how to run a hardware business? I say no, Surface being one example. So maybe not number 3 after all....

My point, the landscape is always shifting with technology (one of the reasons Warren Buffet doesnt invest in it) so you really never know what or who is going to be 'IT' next.
    But why did they HAVE to do anything with Skype, other than own it? I don't understand this logic... Skype is already massively popular and used by like 300M people; it has revenue generating potential unlike i.e. Blackberry Messenger. I'm sure they will continue to improve the service (which they have, it's just that most changes thus far have been back-end related, and updating client software), but I don't understand the logic in expecting sweeping changes for the sake of sweeping changes just cause one company bought another.

I mean, Google hasn't exactly done much with Motorola Mobility but I don't hear many people complaining about that. How long did it take Blackberry to develop BB10 after acquiring QNX? Didn't hear many people complaining that they weren't doing anything with it here... ...
    09-03-13 04:28 PM
    Sure I get that, but the XBox was plagued with hardware problems. Deep pockets is what save it.
    The PS3 had its own issues, and let's not forget the Blackberry-style pricing they launched with.

Even with the XB360's issues, Sony basically handed it to Microsoft with their ludicrous pricing.

Additionally, Microsoft's ecosystem (Xbox Live) was also superior to Sony's, as well as more reliable.
    09-03-13 04:34 PM
    Sorry for joining the community. Sorry for watching BBC. Sorry for wondering why BlackBerry do nothing for refuting negative news. Sorry for being a troll. Sorry for not being important enough...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry has been reported to be on its deathbed for several years and has been pronounced dead by many others.

Like anything, one day that will happen.

For now, all my BlackBerry devices are functioning fine. And I expect to be buying a Q soon.
    09-03-13 04:59 PM
    An analyst out to get a name for themselves does little to bolster their credentials for me. I have to say with the MS news today and how this will change competition in the smartphone market, I no longer see anyway that Blackberry can survive myself, but i wouldn't put a date on it like that. I'd like to see some financial analysis to back such comments up, showing the rate of decline of revenue against cash reserves before I'd be moved by proclamations like that. Don't get me wrong, sadly I think Blackberry are now finished, because of Thor et al's strategies (or lack thereof), and because of BB10, but I doubt it will be that quick. We all want 10.2 to ride in on a horse and turn it all around, but in the real world there are no such moments. This will be like watching a sick relative decline - long and drawn out. Thanks Thor.
    Schell Morton likes this.
    09-03-13 04:59 PM
    I disagree with that analysis. Blackberry has enough resources to survive longer than 6 months. They will have to drastically reduce the cost of their products and services though and I believe that'll be there only way out, being cheaper alternative their competition.
    Last edited by Brewer James; 09-03-13 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
    09-03-13 05:00 PM
    An analyst out to get a name for themselves does little to bolster their credentials for me. I have to say with the MS news today and how this will change competition in the smartphone market, I no longer see anyway that Blackberry can survive myself, but i wouldn't put a date on it like that. I'd like to see some financial analysis to back such comments up, showing the rate of decline of revenue against cash reserves before I'd be moved by proclamations like that. Don't get me wrong, sadly I think Blackberry are now finished, because of Thor et al's strategies (or lack thereof), and because of BB10, but I doubt it will be that quick. We all want 10.2 to ride in on a horse and turn it all around, but in the real world there are no such moments. This will be like watching a sick relative decline - long and drawn out. Thanks Thor.
    09-03-13 05:05 PM
    and what if the Bringer of Higher knowledge had paid his due in pain.loss and grief and still arose with his armor bloodied but in tact.you all seem to forget about my own healing abilities. Sure not all they used to be but in tact and learned as a squire. Don't count me out when life has some meaning in it. A grievous mistake. I am here to help the betterment of all.so that trying to bloody noses here. I still don't see why we can't get along. The claim to this probably will be as suppressed as Roswell. But if that is the only thing I get for the bed I choose so be it. Not anyone's place to quibble over some guy that before a couple months ago was public enemy number one
    09-03-13 05:14 PM
    BlackBerry has been reported to be on its deathbed for several years and has been pronounced dead by many others.

For now, all my BlackBerry devices are functioning fine. And I expect to be buying a Q soon.
    BlackBerry seriously needs to go private. This type of sentionalism journalism creates huge disservice to the company.

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    09-03-13 05:28 PM
    The PS3 had its own issues, and let's not forget the Blackberry-style pricing they launched with.

Even with the XB360's issues, Sony basically handed it to Microsoft with their ludicrous pricing.

Additionally, Microsoft's ecosystem (Xbox Live) was also superior to Sony's, as well as more reliable.
    And yet I loathe Xbox and own every PS from the first model to (in a couple months) the 4.

The idea that you have to pay to play online? Are you kidding me MS? I won an Xbox from work and sold it for $100.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5
    09-03-13 05:38 PM
    I think it is also fair to point out this though - what a few hacks out to improve their standing do is not half as important as what the current management team are doing. Hostile sensationalist journalism is only possible because of the endless scope for it provided by Blackberry.
    09-03-13 05:40 PM
    And yet I loathe Xbox and own every PS from the first model to (in a couple months) the 4.

The idea that you have to pay to play online? Are you kidding me MS? I won an Xbox from work and sold it for $100.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5
    MS and Sony are entirely different beasts to Blackberry though - except in their corporate arrogance, in which respect Blackberry acquit themselves well and are in good company with the others. The critical difference is that with MS and Sony their reach does not exceed their grasp - and when they screw up it doesn't bury them.
    09-03-13 05:43 PM
    Well the bBc can't even spell the BlackBerry brand name correctly, never have in any article about BlackBerry,
    plus given they are very pro iPhone it doesn't surprise me. Hardly a balanced view

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    09-03-13 05:49 PM

Six... months...
    09-03-13 05:56 PM
    I know that if there is time I would love to show how it exist in our sub conscious mind.pieces all there. Not because I or you made it that way. Because they did. These were hard men. At one with the land because they ran it afoot everyday. They worked it every night by the fire light. These fore fathers of us all.Next if you can tell me that a piece of this men's culture does not exist the world over. I would have to tell you of telling lies. I know it there because I have seen the fractal geometry the world around.
    Yeah a very sticky situation indeed. The answer has so much death a pain behind it that it makes real easy for someone to turn their heads in a cold alley while I get beat to death with a crow bar. So yeah it is my cross to bare and mine alone. But if you support the change and warn of its coming I would make it sound something like this......
    First thing,the pieces you see are an assemblage that exist in your mind.that is why it looks strangely familiar although your heart knows you have never seen anything like it.

secondly,realizing it does exist will not get you over the two dimensional writing system in place today. Its characters and symbols are representative of good programming since your infancy.

third I can tell you why they never needed firewood to burn men of paganism. Even now the stack of wood sits by my old mitochondria. So those are three,lets see.

four these conclusions I have found were made through insight and innovation. Not guess work as you van certainly tell.As I see it God and perseverance and humanities drive to seek the truth no matter what consequence came. I was dead three years ago six if you count the thing that triggered all of this. Stepping on the rattlesnakes back and walking away un harmed.

now I could say that coincidence is all that was or I can take messages as they arise. These men who spoke in the firefight.who mastered things like stone agriculture and life were not the men we have been led to believe they were. As far as I can tell which is only the surface admittedly. Were hearty robust and clear thinkers. What did they do at night.40 days and nights Moses stayed out. And spoke to the willow bush aflame. Well what if these so called burned bush ends or that is what they look like upon further examination.Attend key to that whole statement kept from us to sell the partly true. Why a cat has nine lives.Nine generation's the sluices ran. Now in the mineral laden d waters waters of adhesion. Where ancient water way snakes its way down from that area where mentioned to 25024 round up where I lived. The dam was built. You know how I know. Well that is another part I will share. But if life is to be shortened for gale and I then I wish you all great thinkers. To come challenge my evidence. But we are gonna be there debating for a coons age. And you won't be able to not see the truth in my logic. I have known these things for years now.a putty this courtship did not start until the sunset of my life. A crying shame. But to make judgements upon me without all these facts in play says that the same mindset of dark ages is all to alive and well. Where is the social and intellectual progress in that. Thank You,Sir Schell Morton
    09-03-13 05:56 PM
    Well the bBc can't even spell the BlackBerry brand name correctly, never have in any article about BlackBerry,
    plus given they are very pro iPhone it doesn't surprise me. Hardly a balanced view

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    Either way, potentially the entire UK population saw it and hear no alternative view from BBRY and see no BBRY marketing activity other than a few sponsorship tags on select Sky channels. If mainstream news peddle it, the plebs have nothing else to believe

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:00 PM
    I was buried 3 plus years ago what you're actually seeing is my struggle to resurface once more. And let me tell you I wasn't prepared for this but as it stands I will work off my merits. And all of my infants knowledge base as little or insurmountable it is. I came to stand up for the men of the past. Their voices do deserves a place in all of our history. And the Mayans bones scattered all-around the united states.Canada. It is so they cannot find therehunting ground.Incomplete in the afterlife. So any questions thus far?
    09-03-13 06:13 PM
    Either way, potentially the entire UK population saw it and hear no alternative view from BBRY and see no BBRY marketing activity other than a few sponsorship tags on select Sky channels. If mainstream news peddle it, the plebs have nothing else to believe

Posted via CB10
    speaking as a british person, I would say the BBC's credentials for unbiased journalism were shattered years ago. They frequently demonstrate political bias, and their stance on reporting news regarding climate change stand as the best examples of how they have lost their way when it comes to standing by their own charter to provide independent unbiased reporting. The latter they decided in a closed session upon which they use every legal method at their disposal to hide the details of what went on, even though it was a fundamental departure from their basic charter. So innocent was this discussion that they resort to the most artful legal trickery to prevent even the names of the attendees of that discussion from being released.

Sadly you are right, the BBC are in a position to do much of the UK populations thinking for them.
    09-03-13 06:35 PM

I won a Q! So I won't have to buy one!

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    09-03-13 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your good news!

Thank you also for your service, Marine!
    09-03-13 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    WOW!!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!! Congrats, baby!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-03-13 07:24 PM
    no credit given such a waste of a click things have been said this way since 2008... yawn 5 years same garbage comes out
    09-03-13 08:39 PM
98 1234