http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171 BBC news just ran this article on TV. Analyst gives BBRY six months....
    coyotebandit77 likes this.
    09-03-13 07:27 AM
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171 BBC news just ran this article on TV. Analyst gives BBRY six months....
    BlackBerry has been reported to be on its deathbed for several years and has been pronounced dead by many others.

Like anything, one day that will happen.

For now, all my BlackBerry devices are functioning fine. And I expect to be buying a Q soon.
    09-03-13 07:31 AM
    cant see it.
    Be around for a while yet, in one form or another.
    GRojasHruska and neoberry99 like this.
    09-03-13 07:33 AM
    It's been six months for the last 3 years now...they're alive and kicking, and so are my BlackBerry products!
    09-03-13 07:38 AM
    Last year many school kids in the UK had blackberries. Probably similar in many other European countries too. BBM was even what was used to organise the London riots. Not skype, not SMS, or whatsapp. BBM.

This year I don't think that's the case. I haven't been able to check on that, but I'm sure it just isn't.
    09-03-13 07:45 AM
    Not to give BBC any credit or cause some havoc in here, but seeing as BlackBerry have put themselves up for any possible outcome, 6 to 12 months isn't far fetched at all. Who knows what we can see in 6 months time. 6 months ago, I wasn't expecting BlackBerry to put themselves up at all, not 7 months after launching BB10, anyway.
    09-03-13 07:50 AM
    That by the end of the year we will have big announcements on the "strategic alternatives" front, I consider to be avery plausible scenario, but to say BlackBerry will be dead in 6 months I do not believe so.

That BlackBerry may be quite "diversificated" (however this can be perceived in the context of "alternatives), this I also consider possible. That though does not necessarily mean that BlackBerry products will cease to exist, quite the contrary I believe.

We ll just have to wait and see, I for one have lost my crystal ball during adolescense and the only thing I am 100% sure about, is the degree of uncertainty in cases where I have access to irrefutable info related.

People keep proclaiming "the death" of BlackBerry just to be able to say "I told you so" if it happens... I can also predict the death of a series of people... sometime in the next 80 years (attempt at sarcasm here).
    End rant._

Posted via my Q10 and CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    09-03-13 07:56 AM
    Thats ok. Microsoft is going to by Nokia's phone division. As as much as I like Microsoft products, we see what they did (didnt more like it) with Skype. So does Microsoft really have a clue how to run a hardware business? I say no, Surface being one example. So maybe not number 3 after all....

My point, the landscape is always shifting with technology (one of the reasons Warren Buffet doesnt invest in it) so you really never know what or who is going to be 'IT' next.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-03-13 08:06 AM
    i'm amazed at people... they have been saying bb is dead since the last two years... why do people so much want to see this company dead???

let us suppose that the news is true... that bb will be dead in 6 months, so what do you or we do?

it's like a doctor telling a patient he has 6 months to live. now will you start diging his grave and printing his funural cards and making funeral arangements, just coz the doc said he has 6 more months. from the looks of things, this is exactly what people here are doing, selecting grave site, diging graves, making funeral arangements, making the guest list and choosing the menu. some may call it event management and planning. but like they say, 'it aien't over till the fat lady sings', and the lady still has a few more pounds to gain and the show still is going on before it is her turn to sing... so please keep calm and remain seated till the show is over.

be polite enough for the guy to actually die, before pronouncing him dead.

i know, bad example but what can i do... if you guys have a better one kindly correct me.

thank you.
    09-03-13 08:11 AM
    Thats ok. Microsoft is going to by Nokia's phone division. As as much as I like Microsoft products, we see what they did (didnt more like it) with Skype. So does Microsoft really have a clue how to run a hardware business? I say no, Surface being one example. So maybe not number 3 after all....

My point, the landscape is always shifting with technology (one of the reasons Warren Buffet doesnt invest in it) so you really never know what or who is going to be 'IT' next.
    And I say yes, Xbox being one example.

Make no mistake, the surface was a fantastic product, but was just poorly executed. Microsoft is learning, and they'll have thousands of Nokia employees to help them out.
    09-03-13 08:15 AM
    i'm amazed at people... they have been saying bb is dead since the last two years... why do people so much want to see this company dead???

let us suppose that the news is true... that bb will be dead in 6 months, so what do you or we do?

it's like a doctor telling a patient he has 6 months to live. now will you start diging his grave and printing his funural cards and making funeral arangements, just coz the doc said he has 6 more months. from the looks of things, this is exactly what people here are doing, selecting grave site, diging graves, making funeral arangements, making the guest list and choosing the menu. some may call it event management and planning. but like they say, 'it aien't over till the fat lady sings', and the lady still has a few more pounds to gain and the show still is going on before it is her turn to sing... so please keep calm and remain seated till the show is over.

be polite enough for the guy to actually die, before pronouncing him dead.

i know, bad example but what can i do... if you guys have a better one kindly correct me.

thank you.
    I planned the whole funeral...Right from my Z10...Built to keep me moving
    rizdragon, moody and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-03-13 08:19 AM
    ... BBM was even what was used to organise the London riots. Not skype, not SMS, or whatsapp. BBM.

This year I don't think that's the case. I haven't been able to check on that, but I'm sure it just isn't.
    Hey, that is a potentially good MK concept

"BBM...start your riot"....

"Hey that is my Q... 10... via CB10
    09-03-13 08:29 AM
    This from the same network that used photos from Iraq to show what's going on in Syria. Zero Credibility.
    09-03-13 08:52 AM

You need to lay off what you're smoking.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 was insanely successful. They make extremely well received Mice, keyboards etc. The Surface failed only because they stupidly made too many and there were far too few outlets...plus the fact that it was priced way too high. Hardware build quality wise, very few tablets out there can touch the Surface...certainly not the PlayBook.
    DId you know Android tablets were failing like crazy (Motorola Xoom sold poorly, initial Samsung tablets sold crappily) until 2012 and only rejuvenated by the Nexus 7 line and Samsung's later Galaxy tabs? They never gave up there, did they?

Skype is still doing fine. Subscriber numbers are steady, it's being baked into the Xbox One and WIndows 8.1 so use will skyrocket. It'll likely find its way to the PS4. It's installed in MILLIONS of phones and for many people it's the only way to video call. MS is not nearly the big bad wolf.

We'll see what they do with Nokia. I'm seriously apprehensive too, but not nearly enough to spread FUD.
    Bobert_123, Etios and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-03-13 09:20 AM
    Another first time poster with a negative BlackBerry Link. Hmmm can the conspiracy theories be correct.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    09-03-13 09:31 AM
    Another first time poster with a negative BlackBerry Link. Hmmm can the conspiracy theories be correct.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Conspiracy? No....Trolling with intent to discourage, create and maintain negative thread titles on CB....100%

Mods need to really clean this garbage out. It's one thing for a long time poster to to post this, but when this is your first post .....what are your motives? Sudden desire to educate the masses on CB?
    09-03-13 09:36 AM
    6 Months is forever in Technology Land. If BBRY is buried in six months I will be there enjoying it with the latest BBRY from Waterloo. The more likely scenario is that in 6 months I will be much closer to the equator and enjoying the latest BBRY from Waterloo.
    09-03-13 09:39 AM
    You need to lay off what you're smoking.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 was insanely successful. They make extremely well received Mice, keyboards etc. The Surface failed only because they stupidly made too many and there were far too few outlets...plus the fact that it was priced way too high. Hardware build quality wise, very few tablets out there can touch the Surface...certainly not the PlayBook.
    DId you know Android tablets were failing like crazy (Motorola Xoom sold poorly, initial Samsung tablets sold crappily) until 2012 and only rejuvenated by the Nexus 7 line and Samsung's later Galaxy tabs? They never gave up there, did they?

Skype is still doing fine. Subscriber numbers are steady, it's being baked into the Xbox One and WIndows 8.1 so use will skyrocket. It'll likely find its way to the PS4. It's installed in MILLIONS of phones and for many people it's the only way to video call. MS is not nearly the big bad wolf.

We'll see what they do with Nokia. I'm seriously apprehensive too, but not nearly enough to spread FUD.
    Really? I am not doubting the 'success' of the XBox, but you do realize they lost money for way too long on the device right?
    Microsoft's cash cow is Enterprise which foots the bill for a lot of these consumer products. As a software company Microsoft (most of the time) does it right, their hardware divisions seem to struggle, Zune, Surface, even the XBox.

The fact is Nokia is making out with selling there hardware division. Microsoft is making a mistake and closing off the chance of anyone else making a run at doing a Windows Phone and the market (at least stock) is picking the winner in this deal.
    09-03-13 09:44 AM
    The worst thing about BB people is the on going complaining and so called conspiracy theories. If anyone read a Crackberry post before buying a BB10 they would stop scratch their head and move on to another product. We are BB worst nightmare.
    cantina4me, iN8ter and wincyUt like this.
    09-03-13 09:55 AM
    its called "covering there shorts" they are trying to force the stock down to make back the money they speculated on...thats all.. blackberry has cash on hand and "NO" debt.. and i read most of the article i never did see anything about berry.... maybe i skipped to much... but it was all about the sale of nokia
    09-03-13 10:11 AM
    Ha! Conspiracy theory! Just reporting the news broadcast to the nation by the BBC. The entire watching public heard Manoj Menon proclaim BBRY has 6 months. Whats missing is a counter argument. Alternatively we could just not mention it....

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:13 AM
    Well, if you keep predicting it every six months, eventually you'll be correct...

Eventually.
    09-03-13 10:40 AM
    BlackBerry has been reported to be on its deathbed for several years and has been pronounced dead by many others.

Like anything, one day that will happen.

For now, all my BlackBerry devices are functioning fine. And I expect to be buying a Q soon.
    You will love it! My Q10 is freaking gorgeous and browses fast,fast - works like a dream.
    moody and maddie1128 like this.
    09-03-13 11:14 AM
    Ok. If you can get the writer to hold his/her breath for that long, I'll believe it. Ready? Deep breath! Go....

The tech and devices will be around in some form for a while. The name may not. But the very reason they lasted this long and is still used by government and military and other fortune 500 firms is...there is no substitute on the basis of security. IMO. So until there's a replacement, not likely to disappear anytime soon.

When I have 10 minutes to completely waste, I'll try to read this arm chair ceo's brilliant insight. There's no shortage of those lately.

09-03-13 11:26 AM
    6 months to live sounds like a movie title. All fiction but no facts.
    Rohit_K and FuNKBerryZ like this.
    09-03-13 11:30 AM
98 123 ...