Hello. Is it safe to watch youtube videos on your blackberry with a 500mb data plan? Or if I want to be doing these things, should I go to 1 gb. Maybe like 15 vids/ month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 03:51 PM
    It really depends on how long each video is cause youtube is data intensive. I would say you shold be fine with the 500mb plan so just keep a close eye on your data usage on the carrier's website. My usage keeps going up each month and right now I'm at 200mb.
    03-26-10 03:56 PM
    I'm at 13mb lol and the billing cycle starts every 16th.

03-26-10 04:01 PM
    Blackberry's are pretty conservative on data due to the compreesion that RIM does. When I was on a BB I used 500 to 800 MB a month. Now on the DROID with bout the same usage I use between 1.5 to 2 GB a month. I do have way more apps on the DROID that use data so really its not the same usage but it don't feel that different..
    03-26-10 04:05 PM
    vodafone uk plans are set at 500Mb data allowance for blackberry smartphones, and in the year and half iv worked there iv never seen anyone go over, so im guessing theres a fair ol` bit ya can do with it, if your really conscious about your useage then you could for example stay on normal youtube and not select the `HD` version, im guessing that`ll use less data too.
    another thing worth checking is the actual definiton of 500Mb, as in the uk its a (contentiously called) `fair useage policy` so if you exceed it they wont bill you, they just keep an eye and if ya keep going over they warn ya then bill ya, but never seen that happen either.
    best bet if your majorly worried is give ya carrier a bell, as im sure things are different in different countries, worst comes to worst im sure they have an extendible data plan
    03-26-10 04:07 PM
    Thank you all for your help.

03-26-10 04:48 PM
    500 mb is about 3-4 hours of youtube streaming.
    03-26-10 11:30 PM
    I don't think you'll have much success streaming YouTube videos with a Curve. I know it's a lost cause on my 8900 because it's on EDGE. You may be better off just saving it for when you have access to WiFi.
    03-26-10 11:50 PM