So with all this news, and comments from tech reporters...where do you see BlackBerry in 5 years? Do you think that they will sell all there patents, and call it a day??

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:48 PM
    Looking forward to the Passport 5

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-26-15 03:51 PM
    I have been hearing about BlackBerry's demise since 2008 from all fronts! We are in the middle of 2015!
    Frankly....I am tired of this!

Looking forward for a new BlackBerry device!

Valid Passport!
    05-26-15 03:58 PM
    Haven't really thought about it.

They will have a strong enterprise software portfolio, that manages just about anything, IoT tech joint ventures, Car Navi and dash / entertainment systems, suppliers for enterprise / military grade phones and a small presence in retail, plenty of customers on secure cloud services (BES, etc.), leader or strong position in MDM/EMM, phone hardware will be outsourced to Samsung / Foxconn, ...

Maybe Chen's got something up his sleeves that's bigger than the iPhone, we NEVER know, 5 years is a LOOOOOONG time in tech, maybe the landscape is completely different then...

Just a few quick thoughts on the fly, by no means comprehensive or completely realistic, but sounds doable, if Chen's roadmap works out. I see no reason why it wouldn't...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-26-15 04:37 PM
    The last two posts show that most people think in extremes. They're either going to die or be the greatest ever. My prediction is somewhere in the middle.

Z30something
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-26-15 05:06 PM
    What I hope: vendors for a well established security minded third platform.

What I fear: they become one of those tech companies that toils away in obscurity providing things to other tech companies with no retail presence, no BB10, and no handset sales. Or they are bought out by someone.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:42 PM
    As long as there is BlackBerry phones, I don't really worry where the company goes.

Awaiting the next flagship full touch.
    thymaster and JesseBabe23 like this.
    05-26-15 05:48 PM
    I can't tell the future and I wish them the best of luck. Keep on making great phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:55 PM
    I think they will be acquired, I would actually be very surprised if this doesn't happen.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-27-15 12:38 AM
    I think they continue to rise to the top of the mobile and enterprise security field and rebuild their reputation. The handset business won't be as big as it was but they will continue to make them for a dedicated but large group of enthusiasts. I truly hope they continue having their own OS but if they decide to go windows or team up with Samsung, I'll still be happy.

Realistically they will probably be acquired. Hopefully whatever acquisition is made, the buyers continue the BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:47 AM
    I think the acquisition scenario is not an unrealistic one. Depending on what the potential buyer is up to, it could be quite beneficial to BlackBerry but this is too much speculation I think.

Whatever happens, I hope they'll continue to stay in the handset business. Even though I'm personally not willing to stick to BlackBerry no matter what, I think the brand and the phones are an asset to the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-27-15 01:33 AM
    I think the dynamics of this business have changed and I also think they will either be bought up or team up with someone like Samsung who has the capital and resources to allow them to continue in the handset business. Only time will tell folks.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-27-15 03:34 AM
    Everyone can speculate...wasn't the world coming to an end in 2012?
    05-27-15 04:59 AM
    The last two posts show that most people think in extremes. They're either going to die or be the greatest ever. My prediction is somewhere in the middle.

Z30something
    Oh the irony ! Lol
    And here you are using two people as reference for most people.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 05:37 AM
    Not sure about BlackBerry the company, I can only vouch for the one that will be in my pocket. Hopefully that device won't be 5 years old haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 08:08 AM
    I just want them to reach consistent profitability on devices and remain in the market. They don't have the be #1, or even close. I just want to be able to buy phones I can use at work, and BlackBerry is the only game in town.

Ironically, after a month with the Classic, I wouldn't give it up even if the no-camera policy was lifted!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic
    05-27-15 08:32 AM
    Oh the irony ! Lol
    And here you are using two people as reference for most people.

Posted via CB10
    My point, which you missed, is that for most subjects you will get either a black or white answer when in reality it is in the grey zone. Just my opinion. Don't take it too serious.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-27-15 10:41 AM
    I have been hearing about BlackBerry's demise since 2008 from all fronts! We are in the middle of 2015!
    Frankly....I am tired of this!
    So it's like Team Fortress 2.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    05-27-15 11:34 AM
    I hope they keep improving this great OS!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:38 AM