Ok so here is the deal for the past few days 5 different family members of mine are having issues with there blackberrys... for some reason they are constantly rebooting like within mins of each reboot... all of the phones happen to be curves and are all running the New bbm 5.0 (official release) no one is running leaked software...and i believe they are all running 4.5 software... the funny part is that a few of them are sprint curves and the others are at&t curves... any idea as to what could be causing the constant reboots on all these phones?
    11-30-09 10:41 PM
    If it isn't the OS or BBM (unlikely) you might want to have them all remove their
    memory cards. If that corrects the problem it could be a corrupted file (s).

Do you know if they all have one or more of the same files on the microSD?
    11-30-09 10:45 PM
    well i mean were all constantly talking on the family group we created in the new bbm so im sure they all have some of the same pics on there phone
    11-30-09 10:55 PM
    That might be the place to start. Have one of them copy the contents of the card
    to the PC (always a good idea anyway), format the card and then run the phone
    for a few hours.

If it works properly, copy all the files back to the card and see if it continues
    to function correctly.
    11-30-09 11:14 PM
    ya i had them remove the memory cards and as of now they seem to be working properly... weird how a memory card can cause so much scandal... Thanks for your help AG
    11-30-09 11:25 PM
    Hey Los not to hijack your thread here. This is totally off-topic(well kind of) but maybe their cards melted after you sent pics of all your ladies lol. I'm only kidding man I always enjoy the posts from you on BB Portrait.
    11-30-09 11:28 PM
    ya i had them remove the memory cards and as of now they seem to be working properly... weird how a memory card can cause so much scandal... Thanks for your help AG
    I agree. Almost all my reboot issues were memory card / file related. Keep us
    posted.
    11-30-09 11:32 PM
    I've been seeing a lot of issues in downloading pic files off of the internet. I've kept a separate folder for new downloads, where I'll load a pic, wait and see if there are problems, and after a week or so, I'll transfer that pic to the appropriate folder.

Corrupted files have given me minor chaos only 3 times so far, and the sep file has helped me restore order fairly quickly, without having regular access to a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 11:41 PM
    ag how do you copy the files from the mediacard to the pc?and what does reformatting the card do ?
    12-01-09 12:13 AM
    ag how do you copy the files from the mediacard to the pc?and what does reformatting the card do ?
    If you have Mass Storage enabled the card should show up in Windows Explorer
    as a removable drive. You can simply copy and paste the files from one place
    to another (as you would with any other flash drive.)

Formatting removes any corruption and resets the card to an "out of the box"
    state
    12-01-09 12:38 AM
    seems like a corrupted file on the memory cards. formatting the memory card can solve the problem
    12-01-09 01:17 AM
    Thanks for all your suggestions... so far everything looks good! seems like that was the problem...

LOL Thanks IceMan...Ill keep em coming
    12-05-09 02:48 AM
    AG to the rescue!! lol I have missed you guys! =)
    12-05-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD