I have the BB curve 9330. On the keypad over the 5/D, there is a little dot that is raised. What is this for? Also, now that I have had this phone a while, I think the paint on it has worn off and now it lights up like the other keys. I just noticed this but it very well may have done it before and I just didn't know. Thank you for the assistance!
    04-01-11 07:37 PM
    The raised dot is an orientation mark present on many many numeric keypads including remote controls, cordless phones, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 07:43 PM
    oh ok. What does an orientation mark do? Is it supposed to light up
    04-01-11 08:45 PM
    The orientation mark is there so that one can type / enter keystrokes without
    looking at the keyboard. You feel the mark and instinctively you know you are
    on the 5/D key. From there you can reasonably navigate the keyboard / pad
    just by touch.

I've never had a Blackberry where it lit up.
    04-01-11 08:50 PM
    okay thank you for describing what it does. Makes sense now. It does light up on mine, maybe it's because it's a newer model
    04-01-11 08:55 PM
    I can quit possably be worn paint if u've had your phone for a while. Search for paint comming off the keys. Many threads about that problem although most pertain to the bold series of phones. Not sure about ur phone.

04-02-11 12:56 AM
    When my old curves keys light up, there is a noticeably brighter spot where the orientation dot is, and no wear.

04-02-11 09:35 PM
    When my old curves keys light up, there is a noticeably brighter spot where the orientation dot is, and no wear.

Same here, I have had my 9330 since January.

04-02-11 09:50 PM
    Mine's bright, too! Maybe the orientation dot is clear ...

04-02-11 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD