Yeah it seems like yesterday 4 long years with my PlayBook and still working for me

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:08 AM
    Mine is still in use as well even though the micro USB port burned out. I mean it actually caught on fire. I now have to charge it using the magnacharger.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-07-15 10:41 AM
    I still use mine, but the slow browser and other functions is beginning to wear on me. I keep hoping for a true phablet to replace it. If I end up getting a new 7/8" tablet, it will probably be a windows OS. Could be the beginning of the end to a long BB relationship. Chen needs to release the future to give us some hope.
    05-07-15 10:46 AM
    I still occasionally use my PlayBook, mainly for web browsing or watching some of the movies I bought through the BlackBerry Movie Store. I, too, bought mine about four years ago. I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 that will become my main tablet. There are a few things about it that I don't particularly care for, but I expect to eventually get used to it. It's a learning curve. PlayBook is still my favorite, though.
    05-07-15 11:01 AM
    Mine is in a drawer somewhere but still fully functional just needs to be charged up. Good thing I only paid? 120 for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:02 AM
    I use mine daily, I prefer it over my laptop, what I can't do with it I do it on my Z30. Galaxy tab 10.1 had not been turned on for 6 month. And my wife send me her work stuff from her galaxy 5 to my Z30 so I fix and manage it before sending it back to work. She can't make it work on her phone or tablet.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2744
    05-07-15 11:23 AM
    What is a magna charger? My tablet usb broke and I can't charge it either, are you saying there is a device that will charge it through some other means?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:38 AM
    05-07-15 12:10 PM
    I was recently gifted a Windows 8 tablet. It has the full Windows 8.1 on it. I find it very difficult to navigate without a mouse. I still pick up my PlayBook for certain tasks. Also the PB speakers still blow most tablets out of the water 4 years later so I use it to watch YouTube or stream music. It seems I'll keep using it for small tasks until the day it gives up. It may not be faster to load, but the PB is more fluid and easier to navigate than Windows 8 on a tablet therefore making tasks faster. I hope Windows 10 is better.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:20 PM
    Great hearing all the stories

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:23 PM
    They betrayed PlayBook 4G LTE users by not upgrading to BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:49 PM
    Nice memories , mine is been warn out but I was so happy when I bought it and used it extensively for the first two years. Was really my daily driver, connected with my torch and then 9860 via bridge.
    Today I have a Samsung but I use it very rarely since with the screen size of the Z30 and now Passport I prefer to carry only my phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-07-15 02:17 PM
    Still use mine every day. Zinio for magazines, (which does not work on BB Paspport because no Flash), Kobo for easy book reading, and E-mails - easy to save attachments and photographs, and internet quick searching, and most of all Video chat for children all over the place - also all still using their Playbooks that were bought years ago. Love it.
    05-07-15 02:21 PM
    There is a flash browser for new BB10 OS

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004563

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2744
    05-07-15 02:31 PM
    No wife bought the BlackBerry PlayBook 4 me more than 2 years ago and I'm still using it but not daily, still working very well .

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 03:30 PM
    my wife ditch the playbook because it was slow, and my kids where complaining to and I was the last on with my 64Gb playbook but I just bought 2 weeks ago an Android Tablet 8 inch from ASUS. The kids also get there ASUS in 7 inch and the wife using a MSI Windows Tablet.

The Paybook is dead for me except for my little son who is four. He wil get my Playbookwith movies and series for kids. Still have to install it he using the 32 Gb playbook since he was almost 2 years old. He also like to play music and always starting to dance
    05-07-15 04:33 PM
    Most over promised and under delivered product BlackBerry ever released. At the $699 price it is the worst tech purchase I have ever made. Bridge was OK, but after the Z10 launched and BlackBerry reneged on the promises to bring the "new phone OS" which later morphed into BB10, and the browser that never received a single update the entire product life cycle, it simply was just slow and frustrating to use compared to the Z phone. Now only used to watch ripped movies on longer flights, but it takes forever to load them on the device. Sad thing is if I had bought the iPad 2 instead of the PlayBook It is still being supported by Apple, and BlackBerry supports it with Blend too. Yet another reason I'm finding it hard to be loyal to the Waterloo clown core.
    05-07-15 05:32 PM
    Bought mine at $499 16 GB WiFi model from ShopBB. Yeah, that ShopBB. I loved the device though for a while, before becoming aware of its acute limitations. At that time, I was also looking at Android tablets, but I believe the bleeding edge Android at the time was Honeycomb and Android was still very unoptimized for tablets. Then I also got into the '#BB10Believe' fantasy and thought that my PlayBook would get BlackBerry 10 and surely BlackBerry would hold up the promise, right, right, right???!! And then Mr. Stiff CEO came along and said he was 'unsatisfied' with BlackBerry 10 performance on the PlayBook and the whole notion was canned permanently. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Stiff was canned himself. Funny.
    05-07-15 06:36 PM
    We win some, we lose some.

Yesterday, I managed to listen to Audible on their webplayer using Origami Browser and a Win7 Firefox user ID (see, the PlayBook's browser gets there and errors out claiming incompatible audio file...).

Today, the YouTube app stopped working. Sure, I can use the browser... But now it's my only option.
    05-07-15 06:44 PM
    They betrayed PlayBook 4G LTE users by not upgrading to BB10
    You'd rather have Tablet OS and being able to open a ****load of apps at the same time or BB10 and only 4 apps at any time?

The Z3 has the closest specs to the PlayBook. That's how many apps it can handle... Just saying.
    05-07-15 06:46 PM
    I bought four of them for me and the kids four years ago. I didn't see the device as lacking at the time and it completely replaced my laptop (except for tax time). I was disappointed when I heard Bb10 was going to start from scratch b/c the ui on the PlayBook had become familiar and easy to navigate. Still using it to pay bills and light browsing. The kids have moved on to ipads, which I never touch. Time flies.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:31 PM
    My kids still use my PlayBook to watch movies during transportation and away from home. Two of the units have broken screens now from being thrown around. They still love it. I have to constantly yell at them to turn down the volume. My brother brought his Galaxy 7 along once and couldn't hear anything over the commotion... he never did bring it anymore after that first time. Guess he learned his lesson after that.
    05-07-15 09:15 PM
    I love my playbook a lot but it's getting slow
    05-07-15 10:28 PM
    Lol ok we get it....ya'll will continue using the thing because it works. There's no reason to buy any other tablet because the PlayBook works. That is, until BlackBerry comes out with their next tablet. Then I'm sure ya'll will have a reason to upgrade lol. Whatever makes people happy I say....

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 12:05 AM
    Got rid of mine a few months ago
    05-08-15 04:05 AM
91 123 ...